5 of the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
We do not want to believe that accidents can happen to us, but unfortunately, they happen all the time, and it is important to know what legal action you should take next. Instead of spending your time googling the phrase, “good personal injury lawyers near me,” trust that the Carabin Shaw law firm will aid you in your time of need. If you or a family member have been injured and it is the fault of someone else’s actions, talk to us about your accident at our San Antonio office.Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
In the personal injury field, our lawyers come across a spectrum of accident types--but some are more common than others. These are cases that often cause injuries that can leave you with stress and a variety of bills. It is important to know that you can receive compensation if you have been wrongfully injured.
Following are 5 of the most common types of personal injury cases our San Antonio accident attorneys have encountered:
- Slip and Fall Cases. Slip and falls can happen anywhere. Whether it happened at your friend’s house or a grocery store, the property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe. If you were injured due to this type of accident, the injured person needs to prove the property owner was negligent. The details of the accident will determine if anyone is liable for your injuries. One of our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio can help you figure out who is liable.
- Car Accidents. Most car accidents result in injuries, ranging from minor to life-altering. When a car accident happens, it is often the result of someone not taking proper precautions while driving. Most of these claims involve property damage, medical bills, as well as other damages such as pain and suffering.
- Medical Malpractice. Doctors and health care providers sometimes make mistakes, and this can result in medical malpractice. However, it is important to remember that not all medical accidents are malpractice. Our attorneys can help you distinguish the difference, and if you have a case.
- Dog Bites. According to Texas law, the injured person must show that the dog owner knew that their dog acted aggressively or had bitten someone in the past, or the dog owner failed to use reasonable care to control their dog. Visit our San Antonio office to go over the details of your case.
- Defamation. Not all personal injury cases are physical; in fact, they also include verbal attacks on your character. Defamation is when a false statement about someone does damage to their reputation. When someone uses libel or slander against you, you can be compensated for it if you can prove the defamation hurt you financially.
All of these can result in financial stress as well as catastrophic injuries, such as broken bones, paralyzation, PTSD, even death. These accidents not only affect you, but also your family members. If you cannot recover quickly from an accident, you may lose wages or rack up medical expenses.
If any of the 5 of the most common types of personal injury cases sound familiar to you or a loved one, talk to our San Antonio accident attorneys about the details of your accident.Injured in an Accident? Talk to one of our Personal Injury Lawyers in San Antonio Today.
If you are wondering, “Who has good personal injury lawyers near me?” Carabin Shaw has the experienced and passionate lawyers you want on your side. We have handled hundreds of personal injury cases and have fought to get our clients their rightfully due compensation. Whether you were injured in a car accident or from a dog bite, we have a talented team of attorneys who can help. Call us for a free initial consultation at 210-222-2288.