5 Swimming Pool Dangers | Houston Accident Attorneys
When people think of swimming pools in Houston, they typically think of beautiful Texas summer days. Unfortunately, these kinds of days can turn into tragedies if a swimming pool accident occurs. Children are especially susceptible to the dangers of swimming pools, with more than 1,000 children dying from swimming accidents every year and one-third of these deaths taking place in a pool. If you or a loved one was injured in a swimming pool accident, Houston accident attorneys are available to help you and your family. Our staff at Carabin Shaw knows what a tragedy this kind of accident can be. We want to do everything in our power to assist you and your family in your swimming pool accident case.Common Dangers of Swimming Pools
When it comes to swimming pool accidents, there are a few hazards that account for a majority of the injuries. Here are the 5 swimming pool dangers you should be aware of:
- Slips and Falls - When people get in and out of the pool, water can accumulate, which can increase everyone’s risk for slipping and falling. It’s important for those using the pool to walk slowly and be aware of their surroundings. If your injury occurred because of a slip and fall, speak with a lawyer.
- Drowning - Drowning is one of the greatest dangers of a swimming pool. For those who don’t know how to swim, even falling in the shallow end could have dire consequences. When children or those who can’t swim are around a pool, it’s important to have supervision at all times. Additionally, owners need to have pool safety and rescue equipment readily available in case of emergency. Houston injury lawyers can explain what it takes to make a case when someone drowns in a swimming pool.
- Diving Boards - Although diving boards can be fun, they can also cause serious injuries like spinal injuries and brain trauma if used improperly. At every pool, there should be basic rules enforced to ensure the safety of all swimmers like no diving if the pool is crowded or if you’ve been drinking alcohol. Talk to a lawyer if a diving board caused the injuries in your case.
- Pool Covers - Many pool owners use winterization covers to protect their pool in the off season. Typically, these are tarps with weights like sandbags holding them in place. These can be dangerous for children if they accidentally fall in, because they can get trapped beneath it. To learn more about the dangers of pool covers, consult Houston accident attorneys.
- Drains - Pool drains are connected to powerful pumps, and these pumps have the power to cause severe injury, even life-threatening. If your pool has a single pump, it could be disastrous. Most pools today are required to have dual pumps so that they cannot be covered simultaneously. If you have further questions about drains and injuries, an attorney can answer your questions.
These 5 swimming pool dangers are responsible for a majority of swimming pool accidents, but this list is not exhaustive. If your accident was caused by something else, make sure to talk to our Houston injury lawyers.How to Get Justice
Without proper safety precautions, pools can be very dangerous. If you or a loved one was injured in a swimming pool accident in Houston, you need someone with experience in these types of cases on your side. Our team at Carabin Shaw has been fighting to get the very best for victims just like you for nearly thirty years. We want to hear the circumstances of your swimming pool accident case and work with you to get you the justice you deserve. As Houston accident attorneys, we care for the people in our city and want to get every victim of swimming pool accidents proper compensation for their damages. Don’t wait. Call us today and speak with an attorney.