6 Steps After a Slip and Fall Accident in San Antonio
Whenever you are involved in an accident, the steps you take afterward will have a direct result on the outcome of your case. A slip and fall accident in San Antonio is no different. If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall, you will want to make sure you’ve taken the proper steps to make the most of your Texas slip and fall claim. San Antonio personal injury lawyers can help. Our staff at Carabin Shaw believes in the power of fighting for our clients, and we pride ourselves on doing all that we can for those we represent. From experience, we know that there are 6 steps after a slip and fall accident in San Antonio that you must take if you want to maximize the compensation for your case.What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
The steps you take after your accident can affect how much your case is worth. Below are important steps our San Antonio premises liability lawyers would recommend you take after a slip and fall accident:
- Seek medical attention - Seeing your doctor is one of the most important steps after a slip and fall accident in San Antonio. First of all, it is the best thing for your well-being. Even accidents that seem minor can have hidden injuries or delayed symptoms. Secondly, the sooner you see a doctor, the sooner your injuries are officially documented in your medical record, which will be an important piece of evidence that your attorney will need to make your case.
- Collect evidence - After your accident, collecting evidence as soon as you can will help you and your lawyer build a convincing case. Be sure to take pictures of the accident scene and any injuries you sustain. If there are witnesses, get their contact information and try to get a statement from them, if possible. Lastly, write down your own account of the event. San Antonio personal injury lawyers will be able to sift through this evidence and know what will help your case.
- File a report - As soon as you are able, file a report with the property owner. The sooner the better. Once you have filed, they will, in response, file an accident report that will document what they believe caused the accident as well as any injuries you suffered. In your report, make sure you remain factual and don’t give any more information than necessary. For more advice on best practices, speak with an attorney.
- Don’t discuss the details of your accident - In a Texas slip and fall claim you will probably be contacted by the property owner’s insurers. Similar to filing the report, stick to the facts and don’t say more than you need to. Insurers and the property owners want to pay you as little as possible, so be cautious. Whatever you say could be used against you.
- Follow your doctor’s orders - After your initial medical examination, your doctor will give you a treatment plan, and it’s important that you stick to it. Remaining diligent in your recovery process shows you are taking your injuries seriously and care about recovering. If you don’t adhere to your doctor’s advice, it could gravely hurt your case. To learn more, speak with San Antonio premises liability lawyers.
- Hire an attorney - Once you’ve done everything else, the final step is to contact an experienced lawyer. They will be able to assess the strength of your claim based on the evidence you’ve gathered and the circumstances of your slip and fall case. At Carabin Shaw, we’re a team of highly experienced lawyers who fight hard for our clients. If you’ve followed these 6 steps after a slip and fall accident in San Antonio, you have a great chance of winning the compensation you deserve. It’s time to get you justice. Contact our San Antonio personal injury lawyers today.