Accidents & Injuries | San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
No matter what kind of accident you’re involved in, a personal injury case can be difficult to go through. If you’ve sustained an injury, you may not know what to do next. Understanding what kinds of accidents and injuries are common in personal injury cases is important for anyone who thinks they may want to pursue a personal injury case. Talking to San Antonio personal injury lawyers could be your best bet.
At Carabin Shaw, we specialize in personal injury law. Our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio can evaluate your case and help you decide the best course of action for you and your family. If you’re looking for “good personal injury lawyers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. We are experts in personal injury law with over twenty years of experience in San Antonio.What is Personal Injury?
A personal injury is defined as a case in which a person (the plaintiff) has suffered physical and/or emotional harm because of the actions of another (the defendant). Personal injury cases qualify as tort lawsuits.
Usually, the harm the defendant causes the plaintiff is due to negligence. To win your case, you and your lawyer must prove the defendant’s negligence directly caused you harm, also known as proving liability. Once you can prove liability, you can pursue financial compensation, known as “damages”.Types of Accidents
Although there are many types of accidents that qualify as personal injury cases, the following are the most common kinds of accidents that San Antonio accident attorneys work:
- Car accidents - The most common type of personal injury cases are car accidents. When another driver’s carelessness or negligence is a direct cause of your injuries, you have the right to be compensated.
- 18 wheeler accidents - Like car accidents, 18 wheeler accidents are one of the most common personal injury cases. 18 wheeler cases, however, differ from car accidents because of the regulations truck drivers and their employers are held to. To learn more about the specifics of 18 wheeler cases, talk to personal injury lawyers in San Antonio.
- Slip and falls - A slip and fall can occur almost anywhere, and it can lead to serious injuries. Slip and fall cases are governed by “premises liability laws”, which hold public and private property owners to different standards of duty of care. Talk to an attorney to learn more.
- Medical malpractice - When you suffer because of the negligent care of a doctor, hospital, or other medical provider, you may be a victim of medical malpractice. If you and your lawyer can prove that your doctor did not provide you with a reasonable standard of care, you can be compensated for your losses.
The injuries you sustain in a personal injury case can range from mild to severe, and in the most unfortunate circumstances, death. Below are the most common types of injuries in personal injury cases:
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones and fractures
- Lacerations, cuts and bruises
- Internal organ damage
If you’ve sustained any of these types of injuries due to another’s negligence, consult San Antonio accident attorneys.Pursuing Your Personal Injury Claim
When you’ve been injured by someone else’s carelessness in San Antonio, you deserve compensation. It’s not right that you have to suffer because of another person’s negligence. If you want justice for you and your loved ones, an attorney can make that happen. Our team at Carabin Shaw is devoted to helping victims make the most of these difficult situations by fighting for you every step of the way.
Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers have helped victims just like you get the compensation they are rightfully owed, which is why we’ve won over $500 million for our clients. If you’ve been looking for “good personal injury lawyers near me,” look no further. Call us today at 210-222-2288 for a free consultation.