After a Del Rio Head-On or Rear-End Collision
When you’re driving around Del Rio, Texas every day, the last thing on your mind is probably getting into an accident. But no matter how careful you are, accidents can happen, and when they do, often your head is left spinning. If you’ve been injured recently and are wondering what to do after a Del Rio head-on or rear-end collision, read on. Because although you might already be searching the internet for a “car accident attorney near me,” the Del Rio auto accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw have outlined the following steps you need to take first.What To Do If You’ve Been In Accident
Accidents can happen for any number of reasons, from drowsy driving to not following the common rules of the road, to bad weather. Poor visibility during heavy fog, for example, causes many accidents.
- But no matter what happened, one step to take after a Del Rio head-on or rear-end collision is to report your crash. If someone has been severely injured, call 911 immediately, and if not, make sure local police arrive at the scene so you can fill out an accident report. This will come in very handy in a potential personal injury claim, especially if the case goes to court.
- Next you need to seek medical treatment. You must do this even if you are severely injured. We understand that you may already be wanting to search for a Del Rio personal injury attorney, but medical attention should be your priority. This is not only for your own safety, as some injuries may not be immediately noticeable, but because your attorney may need your medical records if you do decide to pursue a claim later on. For example, rear-end collisions can often cause whiplash, which may lead to neck and back pain later on. If you do not seek medical attention immediately, the defendant in your personal injury claim may try to show that you weren’t as injured as you say you were. For your Del Rio personal injury attorney to recover the most amount of compensation for you, these medical records will be needed.
- Be sure to exchange information with the other party. Make sure you document the other driver’s contact information, license plate number, insurance information, and so on.
- You should also document the accident. Check for witnesses and get photographic evidence of the accident scene, if possible. Take pictures and video with your phone or camera, if possible. Later on, this evidence will be crucial for your attorney to build a strong personal injury case for you.
- Finally, you’re probably going to start looking for an attorney.
We understand that car accidents are often traumatic and life-changing events, and as you recover from your injuries, there is still a lot to do. It can feel overwhelming, But as you conduct your search in Del Rio, Texas, for a “car accident attorney near me,” make sure you seek out a law firm that has a long history of winning compensation for their clients, a great deal of trial experience, and a strong track record with client satisfaction. You should also make sure they offer a free consultation by phone so that you can ensure you are working with a team of attorneys you can trust and get along with.
The compassionate, experienced Del Rio auto accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw have been fighting for accident victims like you for over twenty years, and have been named a Top 10 firm in client satisfaction. In addition, we have won over $1 billion for our clients. Finally, we offer everyone a no cost, no obligation consultation. Call 1-800-862-1260 to speak with a lawyer today. You have nothing to lose!