Del Rio Medical Malpractice
The medical field can be a dangerous practice filled with inherent risks and the ever-looming possibility of defeat by any combination of unforeseen variables. However, it is within the physician’s duty to do everything in their power to ensure that each patient’s situation is handled with the utmost care and caution. They also have an obligation to educate their patients about potential risks, optimal treatment methods, and the truth about their condition.
If you live in Del Rio or the surrounding region, and you believe you have suffered some form of medical malpractice, there is a Del Rio medical negligence attorney from Carabin Shaw ready and willing to help you obtain compensation for your damage or losses.What is Medical Malpractice?
Circumstances that constitute medical malpractice vary greatly on a case to case basis, but at the root of every case of medical malpractice lies the notion of ‘negligence.’ Medical malpractice and medical negligence can come in many forms. Some of the most common include:
- Surgical malpractice
- Birth complications
- Late diagnosis
- Wrongful administration of medication
Once the victim or the victim’s family identifies an instance of malpractice, the real work begins. Following recognition of some form of physician negligence, there are a few steps that the victim’s family can take to mitigate damages and preserve the victim’s ability to be fully compensated. These next steps for victims in Del Rio attempting to develop a successful claim will typically include:
- Document everything
- Gather evidence
- Inquire with the victim
- Attain medical records, bills, and hospital information
After all the evidence is gathered and you have mitigated all potential further damages, you should seek legal guidance from a medical negligence attorney serving Del Rio. This is where Carabin Shaw can help. One of our expert attorneys serving you will see that you are compensated fairly and fully for all losses related to medical malpractice. We have more than twenty years of experience in all manner of personal injury cases, including medical malpractice.
Once we assess your losses and work to mitigate further damages, our lawyers follow the paper trail, gathering hospital bills and records from the client as well as the doctor’s office or hospital in question. Investigation into the facilities’ scheduling and personnel practices often show neglect on behalf of not just the employees of a medical facility, but also the facility who employs, schedules, and maintains these employees.Who Can Be Sued in a Medical Malpractice Suit?
Just as there are countless separate examples of what constitutes medical malpractice, there are just as many sources of medical malpractice. Third parties most often facing Del Rio medical negligence attorneys in court for medical malpractice are:
- Doctors and Physicians:
- Doctors and physician must execute a few basic procedures regarding the patient’s condition. First and foremost, all physicians must provide their patients with ample opportunity for informed consent. Informed consent involves appropriate effort and focus on behalf of the doctor to educate the patient on their condition and the appropriate treatment.
- Nursing Staff:
- Much of the daily diligence and attentiveness throughout the duration of a patient’s stay in a hospital falls upon the nursing staff. Negligence on the part of a nurse can include wrongful distribution or dosage of medicine, or incorrect documentation of patient information.
- Pharmaceutical Companies:
- Sometimes the accountability for wrongful administration or mis-dosage of a medication lies on the nursing staff in a hospital; at other times, the manufacturer of a medicine prints a label incorrectly or miscalculates the mixture of potent active ingredients.
- HMOs, or ‘health maintenance organizations’, may be held responsible in the same way as a hospital; that is, either the employer’s administration practices or an employee’s actions, while within the purview of company policy, have caused the negligence.
- Hospitals and Medical Facilities:
- If a doctor or nurse are at fault, the real issue may run much deeper than a simple personal oversight on behalf of the attending physician, and the policies of the overall organization may be to blame.
If you or someone you care about has suffered at the hands of a negligent medical staff in Del Rio or anywhere else in Texas, you have options, and you deserve to know them. At Carabin Shaw, our main focus is preserving the sanctity of our clients’ claims and protecting every victim’s rights of loss compensation. Contact one of our medical negligence attorney in Del Rio today at 830.339.2824.