After an Oilfield Worker Accident in Pecos | Texas Attorneys
When you’re involved in an oilfield accident, you should be compensated for its impact on your life. Usually, employees in Pecos, Texas can file for worker’s comp, which will cover some lost wages and medical bills. However, this payout is almost always never enough to meet your family’s needs after an oilfield worker accident in Pecos.
Our staff at Carabin Shaw is here to fight for you. Our Pecos work injury lawyers know how catastrophic an oilfield accident can be, and our job is to make sure you and your family are taken care of. It’s important to understand what actions are in your best interest after an oilfield work accident in Pecos, Texas.Common Causes of Oilfield Accidents
By law, oil and gas companies in Pecos, Texas must provide a safe working environment for all of its employees, but these standards are not always upheld. Nearly 200,000 people work in the Texas oil and gas industry, so it is paramount that safety regulations are followed. When they aren’t, the following types of accidents can happen:
- Explosions and fires
- Fracking accidents
- Heavy equipment failure
- Slip and falls
- Toxic gas poisoning
- Trucking accidents
Talk to a lawyer about the cause of your oilfield accident and what you should do next.Who You Can Sue For Compensation
The cause of an oilfield accident can usually be attributed to the negligent actions of one or more parties. In addition to filing for worker’s comp, you and your attorney can file suit against any parties that contributed to your accident. The following parties may be liable in your oilfield accident case:
- The oil and gas company
- Your contractor or subcontractor
- Parts manufacturers
- Oil rig owners
- Shipping and trucking companies
- Vehicle manufacturers
Who you can and should sue depends on the unique circumstances of your accident. Let Pecos accident lawyers review your case and determine who should be held responsible for your injuries and pay you for your damages.What to Do After an Accident
After an oilfield accident, there are a number of steps you must take to ensure you can make the most of your case:
- Notify your employer - The first step after an oilfield worker accident in Pecos, Texas is to notify your employer of the incident and any injuries you sustained. Failure to do so could hurt your case and may put your job in jeopardy. If you can, it’s best to fill out an incident report to document your statement in writing. Afterward, you’ll need to file for worker’s comp. To learn more, speak to an attorney.
- Seek medical attention - Taking care of your health is of the utmost importance. Seeing a doctor will make sure you’re on the proper road to recovery as well as document your injuries in your medical record, which your Pecos work injury lawyers will use to make your case when seeking damages.
- Document evidence - Collecting evidence will give you the most ammunition to win the compensation you deserve. Take pictures of the accident scene and of your injuries. Interview witnesses and take their statements, then get their contact information so your lawyer can interview them further if necessary. It is also helpful to write down an account of the accident in your own words as soon as you can after the accident has occurred. The more evidence you have, the easier it will be for you to win what you are rightfully owed.
After an oilfield worker accident in Pecos, it’s important to get the right people on your side. Carabin Shaw is a dedicated team of professional lawyers who believe in helping victims of accidents recover the compensation they deserve. We have been named a Top 10 firm in client satisfaction, and that’s because our top priority is our clients. Call us today to speak with our Pecos accident lawyers at 1-800-862-1260.