Albuquerque Oilfield Accident and Explosion Claims
The oilfields of Albuquerque can be a dangerous place for employees. Every day, there is the risk of accidents and explosions, which can lead to serious injury or death for those on the job. If you or a loved one was injured working in the oil and gas industry in Albuquerque, you need to file an Albuquerque oilfield accident and explosion claim. An oil drilling accident lawyer in Albuquerque can walk you through the process.
New Mexico lawyer James Shaw is a people-first lawyer with decades of experience helping those in need after an oil field accident. As your attorney, he can be there for you to get you the compensation you deserve after going through an undeserved tragedy.Types of Oilfield Accidents
In the oilfield, a number of things can go wrong. Below are the most common types of accidents that occur in the oil and gas industry:
- Slips and falls - In the oil field, the fast-paced working environment and the constant possibility of spills that can cause slick surfaces make slips and falls one of the most common types of accidents for oil field employees. Moreover, oilfields can have multiple decks, so it’s possible that workers can fall from dangerous heights. Slips and falls can lead to serious back injuries, neck injuries, broken bones, and more.
- Explosions and fires - One of the most common accidents in an oilfield are explosions and fires. Oils and fires can lead to injuries such as broken bones, loss of hearing, blindness, burns, amputations, paralysis, and sometimes death. A number of situations can lead to an explosion including equipment failure, blowouts, inadequate safety procedures, misplaced cables, and defective products, which means explosions and fires are an ever-present risk in the oilfield. If you were injured in an oilfield explosion, talk to an Albuquerque oilfield injury attorney.
- Gas leaks - Gas leaks can expose workers to toxic fumes, putting their health at risk. There are three different grades of gas leaks, and each one requires a different type of response depending on the severity of the situation.
Most accidents are not actually accidents because they could have been prevented if proper safety precautions were followed. Below are some of the most common causes of oilfield accidents:
- Fatigue - Oilfields are operated 24/7, and many workers are required to work long shifts for days on end. An employee may be required to work the 12 hour day shift for a week, then be switched to the 12 hour night shift the next week. These intense schedules combined with the extreme working conditions make fatigue a common cause of accidents in the oilfield. Talk to a lawyer if you think fatigue played a role in your accident.
- Improper supervision - Almost every aspect of oilfield work requires keen oversight for optimal safety, but supervisors are often strung thin and unable to attend to everything they should. This lack of supervision can lead to disaster.
- Improper training - Although ideally every oilfield worker would be effectively trained before they start the job, sometimes inexperienced workers are hired because they just need employees. This lack of experience puts everyone in the oil field at risk. An oil drilling accident lawyer in Albuquerque can tell you more.
- Failure to maintain equipment - The oil field requires the constant use of heavy equipment. To keep workers safe, this equipment needs to be routinely inspected and maintained. When it’s not, accidents happen and people get hurt.
If you’ve been injured by an explosion or other type of accident in the oilfield, you should discuss your case with an Albuquerque oilfield injury attorney. New Mexico lawyer James Shaw puts his clients first, and fights for them to the end to get the compensation they deserve after an oilfield accident. Call today for a free consultation at 1-800-555-0101.