Albuquerque Oil Field Accident
Oilfield work is an important piece of the economy of New Mexico. People from Albuquerque make their living in the oilfield every day. Oilfield work is lucrative and rewarding but can sometimes be dangerous. With the increased demand in recent years for oilfield work, oilfield injuries have also been on the rise.
If you have been injured in an oilfield work accident, a New Mexico work accident attorney can help. An oil drilling accident lawyer in Albuquerque can help you build a case after an accident and give you your best chance at recovering the compensation that you deserve. If you want a lawyer with experience and a proven track record of winning for his clients, consider New Mexico lawyer James Shaw. Mr. Shaw has been leading the law firm Carabin Shaw going on 30 years and has helped many people like you recover the money they deserve after an oilfield accident.How can an Oilfield Accident Lawyer Help?
After an oilfield work accident, it is important to reach out to a lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you build a case to get you the money you may need after an accident. After the accident, your company and their insurer may try to minimize your claim by downplaying the severity of the accident, denying their fault, or getting you to sign away your right to a claim. Having a lawyer on your side will ensure that you take the correct steps in starting and building your insurance claim and lawsuit.Common Causes of Oilfield Accidents
With the increased demand for oilfield work, oilfield accidents have risen too. Oilfield work environments can be dangerous with numerous hazards that can cause workplace injuries. Here are a few examples of common oilfield workplace injuries:
- Well blowouts
- Chemical fires
- Fatigue-related accidents
- Machinery-related injuries
- Car and truck accidents
All of the above accidents can be serious and potentially life-threatening. Call a New Mexico work accident attorney if you’ve been injured in an oilfield workplace accident.What to do After an Oilfield Work Accident
After an accident, it is important that you follow these steps to make sure that you cover all of your bases and ensure you have the evidence you need to file an appropriate claim. Your company’s main goal may not always be your well-being, and they may try to minimize your claim to protect their bottomline.
- Speak to your supervisor - Always report your accident to your company and supervisor right away. Continuing to work after an accident could result in you losing your job and your opportunity to file a claim and lawsuit.
- Seek medical attention - Your health should be your number one priority after an accident. Make sure to seek medical attention even if you don’t believe your injuries are severe. Long-term injuries may not present themselves clearly in the beginning and can grow over time. Also, having a record of your injury is important for legal matters.
- Speak to an attorney - Call an oil drilling accident lawyer in Albuquerque before you sign any documents or meet with your company’s insurance adjuster.
- Gather evidence - Make sure to take photos of the accident scene, documenting anything that could have caused your accident.
When looking for an attorney, hiring someone with relevant experience and a great reputation is important. There are many areas of the law that people can focus on, so hiring a lawyer that focuses on injury law and oilfield workplace accidents like an Albuquerque oilfield injury lawyer is essential.
New Mexico lawyer James Shaw has been practicing injury law going on 30 years and has helped people like you get the money they deserve after an oilfield workplace injury. Call 1-800-555-0101 today for a free, no-obligation consultation.