Arlington Burn Injury
Getting hurt on the job is a stressful and potentially very expensive experience. If you’re dealing with medical bills on top of lost income after an Arlington workplace injury, you may be wondering how you’ll make up lost wages or pay for your surgeries.
That’s why you need to enlist the help of a qualified work injury lawyer in Arlington after your Arlington workplace burn injury. Read on to learn what the top injury lawyers in Texas at Carabin Shaw can do for you and to discover how you can benefit from consulting with the right Arlington burn injury attorney.Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer, and Knowing Your Rights After Being Hurt at Work
Many accident victims mistakenly believe that they cannot collect workers’ compensation benefits if their own actions contributed to their burn injury. However, this is not true—workers’ compensation has nothing to do with fault. But what if your employer does not offer workers’ compensation coverage? Or what if the amount of compensation you are being offered is not enough to cover your medical expenses?
During the workers’ compensation process, you have several rights, including:
- The right to be represented by a lawyer, who can help you negotiate with the insurance company to get what you are owed for your injuries
- The right to appeal decisions
- The right to seek disability compensation if you are permanently or temporarily unable to work because of your burn injury
- The right to have a say in your choice of doctor and make decisions about your medical care
- The right to refuse your employer’s request to have your own health insurer pay for your medical treatment
- And more
Consulting with a top Texas personal injury lawyer can help you understand and take advantage of these legal rights so that you get all of the money you are owed, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your burn injury.
And if your employer does not offer workers’ compensation insurance, you should know that you may have the option to file a personal injury claim against your employer to recover damages for your injuries and other losses.How We Can Help You After a Workplace Injury
In addition to informing you of your rights and negotiating for the best possible workers’ compensation settlement, our team at Carabin Shaw can offer you all of the following:
Help With Keeping Your Job After a Workers’ Compensation Claim
- If you were fired in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim, we can help you seek damages from your workplace, including back pay.
Suing Your Employer
- If your employer failed to offer workers’ compensation insurance, we can help you file a lawsuit against your employer for negligence.
Filing a Lawsuit Against a Third Party
- In addition to filing workers’ compensation, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against a third party (such as the manufacturer of a defective product) if their negligent actions contributed to your workplace burn injury.
Our team is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—and your initial consultation and case review with an Arlington burn injury attorney is absolutely free. Our top injury lawyers in Texas at Carabin Shaw have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and we’ve been handling burn accident claims for more than two decades.
And because our firm is dedicated to fighting for the legal rights of accident victims, we will do everything in our power to fight for you at every step of the legal process.Free Case Review
So call our Arlington office today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form to schedule your free consultation and case review with a lawyer and to find out how our attorneys can help. Let a professional work injury lawyer in Arlington help you figure out what your accident claim is worth, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait—call us today and learn what we can do for your burn accident claim.