Defective Product Caused a Burn Injury?
It’s hard to imagine life in Arlington without cell phones, kitchen appliances, cars, etc. Although we can’t live without them, these products put us at risk of burn injuries every day. When products are made negligently, they can malfunction and cause a serious accident. The resulting injuries can be severe, leaving victims needing months of medical treatment and a mounting pile of bills. Even treatment for moderate burns can cost over $200,000, and the care needed for severe burns often costs over 1 million dollars.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury due to a defective product, you deserve compensation. An Arlington burn injury lawyer can be there for you and your family. Our top Arlington lawyers at Carabin Shaw believe in giving their all to every client. We have decades of experience helping victims get the justice they deserve.Products we use Daily That can Cause Burns
Many of us don’t realize it, but we use products every day that could cause burn injuries in the blink of an eye. Defective products and recalled ones can be the source of a burn injury, but not all products that pose the risk of burn injury are subject to a safety recall. Usually, safety recalls are issued only after there have been numerous reports of people being injured by the product.
Some common products that pose a risk of burn injury include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Space heaters
- Recreational vehicles
- Propane heaters
- Electric blankets
- E-cigarettes and other vaping products
- Pressure cookers
- Cell phones
- Pressure cookers
- Certain medical devices
- Kitchen appliances
- Water heaters
The list of products that could cause a burn injury in Arlington is endless. If a defective product caused a burn injury to you or a loved one, speak with a personal injury attorney in Arlington.Proving Product Liability
Proving product liability is not always easy. Typically, it requires a lengthy investigation, possibly including assistance from experts to prove both how the product was defective and how it directly caused your injury. One of the most critical elements in a product liability case is causation. Linking the product’s defect to your injuries is where working with an experienced lawyer can really help your case.
The following elements are required to prove product liability and win your case:
- The product was dangerous or defective.
- You sustained damages and injuries.
- The product defect directly caused your injuries.
- You were using the product as intended and as any other reasonable person would have used it.
If you have questions about the process of proving product liability, contact an attorney near you.What can a Lawyer do for You?
Although you can pursue compensation on your own, it can be difficult, which is why many people opt to work with an Arlington burn injury lawyer. When pursuing your claim, a law firm in Arlington can help you in the following ways:
- File your claim - Lawsuits require filing ample amounts of paperwork full of legal jargon. For many people, this process alone can be overwhelming.
- Meet the deadlines - Every state has a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, which is the window of time you’re allowed to file a case within. In Texas, it’s two years from the date of your accident.
- Inform you of your rights - In every case, you have rights, but you may not be aware of them. Someone with legal experience can make sure you understand every aspect of the law and how it’s on your side.
After a defective product harms you, you need a personal injury attorney in Arlington to fight for you. Our top Arlington lawyers at Carabin Shaw promise to fight harder for you than any other law firm would.
For a free consultation, call today at 800-862-1260 or use our online form.