Austin Drunk Driving Accidents
If you live in Austin, Texas or the surrounding region, and you or a loved one has suffered through a car accident brought on by another driver’s intoxication, there is a drunk driving accident lawyer serving Austin from Carabin Shaw ready and willing to help you regain your life.
Studies indicate that approximately every 20 minutes in the United States, a motorist is either wounded or killed in a car collision brought on by a driver who is under the influence of alcohol. Presence of alcohol in the system hinders a driver’s ability to react quickly, drive defensively, and manage oncoming situations with full control of motor functions. Austin drunk driving accidents are no acception and account for thousands of lives lost every year.
In the state of Texas, it is illegal for any driver with a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) of 0.08 or higher to get behind the wheel. If you have been the victim of a drunk driver’s negligence, proper legal guidance through the hiring of a knowledgeable Austin drunk driving accident lawyer at Carabin Shaw can help you effectively pursue compensatory action against all guilty parties.Hit by a Drunk Driver? What to Do First
In the moments immediately following an accident in Austin, there are a few steps every involved motorist can take in order to mitigate damages and preserve the scene of a drunk driving accident before the police arrive. They typically include:
- Pull over safely, and remove all involved vehicles from the flow of traffic.
- Assess the medical health of all those involved; if someone is hurt or injured and requires medical attention, call for medical help.
- If you suspect intoxication, summon a police officer to the scene.
- If you have been involved in an auto accident, and you suspect the other driver of intoxication, either from drugs or alcohol, always attempt to summon a police officer to the scene. Presence of a police officer and subsequent police report can prove crucial in order to assess the details and fully evaluate the situation.
- Evaluate your car’s damage on your own, and the damage to other vehicles.
- Take pictures of the damage and document everything.
- After all this is done, contact an attorney to discuss your best options moving forward with the settling of your claim.
The presence of a lawyer can help victims determine unequivocally who is at fault for their damages in the often confusing aftermath of an accident. If, for example, you have suffered mistreatment of your injuries as you work towards physical rehabilitation after a collision, the medical staff, hospital or facility may be held accountable (in addition to the drunk driver). In these cases, appropriate legal representation can render itself to be an important step towards distinguishing who is at fault, and prove this in order to obtain appropriate compensation.
Even when an accident occurred due to an drunk driver’s inability to safely operate a motor vehicle safely, he/she is not the only one who can be held accountable for victims seeking damage and loss compensation. Sometimes, the repercussions of a drunk driving accident can be long-reaching and even impossible to detect directly after involvement in the collision. Some of the most common incidental sources of financial compensation for victims of Austin drunk driving accidents often include:
- Medical/hospital bills
- Rehabilitation/medication expenses
- Funeral expenses, in the event a fatality has occurred
- Loss of wages
- Job loss
- Pain & suffering
If you or someone you care about has suffered at the hands of a drunk driver’s recklessness in Austin or anywhere else in Texas, contact the knowledgeable Austin area attorneys from Carabin Shaw today. Our Austin auto accident lawyers have over twenty years of experience helping victims effectively navigate the often confusing days, weeks, and months following an accident. Our firm is willing to offer all potential clients an initial consultation, free of charge, to help determine your best course of action moving forward.Free Initial Consultation
You can reach us anytime day or night, toll free 800-862-1260, or by visiting our local Austin offices located at 1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100, Austin, TX 78701 , or calling 512.832.1101. Contact one of the experienced drunk driving accident lawyers serving Austin from Carabin Shaw today. We are here for you.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701