Austin Slip and Fall Attorneys
If you've been injured due to a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in Austin, it's important that you know your legal options. With the help of our Austin personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw, we can explain the process and what to expect after a terrible event at an Austin business locale.
The best personal injury lawyers know how important it is to get the right amount of compensation for each client’s unique situation. They will work hard on behalf of their clients so that they can be sure they are able to recover from any medical bills or other expenses associated with getting back on their feet after an accident has occurred.
Our lawyers at Carabin Shaw have dealt with enough slip and fall incidents to know that they can have a serious long-term impact on a victim. Our client testimonials, which are available on the Carabin Shaw client reviews website, show that we are a reliable company that puts the needs of the clients first.Negligence in a Premises Liability Case
Negligence is a legal term that refers to a person's failure to act reasonably under the circumstances. In premises liability cases, negligence can be established if it can be proven that the property owner failed some duty to keep his or her property safe for people who are expected on it.
The elements of negligence in premises liability cases include:
- Duty - The defendant owed a duty of care and protection to those who visit their property
- Breach - The defendant breached this duty by failing to meet certain standards of care when it comes to building maintenance
- Causation - This breach caused injury to another party
- Damages - These injuries resulted in financial harm or losses for the injured party
You have the right to bring a personal injury claim against the people you believe should be held accountable if you believe that your accident could have been prevented had a business owner, property owner, retail employee, etc. been more cautious. You can do this with the help of an expert who will also advise you if pursuing such a claim is worth the time and effort.Texas Lawyers at Carabin Shaw Can Pursue a Personal Injury Claim in Texas
In Texas, it is possible to file a personal injury claim for a slip and fall accident. While some of these claims are legitimate, others are not. It is important to know the difference between these two types of cases so that you can protect yourself against fraudulent claims.
Here are some tips for filing a successful personal injury claim:
- File as soon as possible after the accident occurs. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident at hand.
- Get medical attention immediately after your accident. If you wait too long before seeking medical care, this could negatively impact your case.
- Make sure that you have documented proof of any expenses related to your claim such as medical bills or lost wages due to time off work due to injuries sustained during an accident involving another party's negligence.
- Contact an attorney who has experience handling personal injury cases and knows how to put forth a strong case on your behalf.
If you have been injured in an accident, please contact us for immediate legal help. We will get you the compensation that you deserve if we can prove that someone else was responsible for your injuries or other damages caused by their negligence or misconduct.
Call us at toll-free: 800-862-1260 any day of the week at any hour to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer. Our safety-conscious staff is ready to assist you in Spanish or English.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701