Been in an Accident with a Company Car or Truck? Texas Attorneys Can Help
A reportable crash occurs in Texas nearly every minute, and accidents involving large commercial trucks can oftentimes be life-altering or fatal. Junction, Texas drivers who are looking for a personal injury lawyer can find help from the office of Carabin Shaw. If you were involved in a trucking accident caused by a commercial truck driver error, then you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call our office today for a free consultation to see how we can help you.Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the following commonly cause trucking accidents:
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Failure to signal lane change
- Ill-maintained vehicle
Most accidents occur between 6pm-6am during the weekday. A Texas 18 wheeler accident attorney suggests that if you believe that your accident was caused by driver error, then you may be eligible to sue for negligent behavior. Consider connecting with an attorney today.Common Truck Accident Injuries
A semi truck accident lawyer in Junction will recommend that you document any and all injuries sustained from the accident. Common injuries include:
- Head, neck, and back injuries: dislocation, whiplash
- Fatalities or wrongful death
- Seat belt injuries, especially lacerations
The purpose of your lawsuit is to prove that your injuries were directly caused by negligence. Being involved in a trucking accident caused by a commercial truck driver error is daunting, but our lawyers are able and willing to help you keep track of your injuries, file all necessary paperwork, and negotiate on your behalf.What Could I Earn in My Lawsuit?
Although it’s difficult to precisely determine how much you will earn, your attorney will consider the following:
- Medical bills, including transport, exams, treatments, and future medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits, which includes future lost wages, particularly if your accident changed your ability to work
- Pain and suffering, including emotional trauma and damage
- Loss of companionship, specifically of a child or spouse
A Texas 18 wheeler accident attorney is specialized in handling negligence cases that result in major injury. Our lawyers have accumulated more than one billion dollars for our clients. If you’re tired of seeking an accident attorney in Junction, Texas, end your search and call our office today.How Can I Prepare for My Case?
You should connect with a qualified lawyer as soon as you are able. They’ll help you file the actual claim, as well as compile any necessary documents you need. After filing, your case could go two ways:
- Settlement: Occurs when you are given a sum of money in exchange for signing a contract, typically dropping liability charges. Can occur at any point in a lawsuit, even during a trial. Most personal injury cases end in a settlement before going to trial.
- Trial: Requires evidence and legal argument. Could also end in winning financial compensation. A typical trial may take months, but it depends on your case.
A semi truck accident lawyer in Junction is experienced in working on these types of cases. It’s integral to connect with a legal professional as soon as you are able. Residents of Junction, Texas can find legal help by connecting with our office today.When Should I Contact an Attorney?
You will want to contact a lawyer as soon as you are able, because under Texas law, you must file your lawsuit within two years from the accident (this is called statute of limitations). This means you will no longer be eligible to file a claim after this time period. Looking for an accident attorney in Junction, Texas? Call the office of Carabin Shaw and see what we can do for you today. Call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or at 210-222-2288 for a free consultation.