Junction 18 Wheeler Accidents
Commercial vehicles are a fairly common sight on the roads in Junction, Texas. Unlike other car accidents, when you get involved with a commercial vehicle, the results are usually devastating and the legal process is much harder to navigate. If you or a loved one have been involved in a commercial vehicle accident, our accident attorneys in Junction want to help you with your personal injury case. At Carabin Shaw, we can answer any questions you may have about 18 wheeler and other commercial vehicle accidents in Junction.What are Commercial Vehicles?
A commercial vehicle is any car, van, truck, or bus used for commercial purposes. Here are a few examples of commercial vehicles:
- School busses
- Moving vans
- Delivery trucks
- 18 wheelers
- Garbage trucks
- Construction vehicles
The severity of a commercial vehicle accident depends on what type of vehicle was involved in your accident. If you have gotten into an accident with a commercial vehicle such as an 18 wheeler, your injuries may be much more severe. Our Junction 18 wheeler accident lawyers will fight for your compensation.What Causes Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Here are a few common causes for commercial vehicle accidents:
- Overloaded cargo - Some trucking companies may take shortcuts and overload or improperly load their trucks. These cargo loaders should be held accountable for their actions. Our accident attorneys in Junction will ensure that they are.
- Inattention - It only takes one second for an accident to happen. If a driver was on their phone or looking away from the road, our lawyers will hold them accountable.
- Vehicle malfunction - This includes brake problems, busted tires, and any other mechanical failure.
- Poor decision making - This can include speeding or driving in dangerous weather conditions.
- Diminished driver capacity - Some drivers may feel pressured by their employer to reach their destination without stopping, but it is Texas law that truck drivers can only drive 11 consecutive hours at a time. Drivers may feel fatigued or drowsy if they drive for too long, resulting in devastating consequences for others on the road.
Each accident with a commercial vehicle has a different outcome, so talking to one of our Junction commercial vehicle accident lawyers is crucial to understanding what your next steps should be.Who is Liable in a Commercial Vehicle Accident?
The following parties can be held accountable, depending on the nature of the accident:
- Truck driver - The driver can be liable if they were distracted, drove while fatigued, or under the influence.
- Trucking company - The trucking company is very often at fault in commercial vehicle accidents. If they practiced negligent hiring, cut corners, or pressured drivers into driving long hours, our attorneys will investigate the company’s practices.
- Truck owner - There are federal regulations a truck needs to maintain. If a trucking company does not own the truck, the truck owner can be held responsible for the truck’s maintenance.
- Cargo loaders - If a loader did not properly inspect or load the cargo, one of our Junction 18 wheeler accident lawyers will hold the loaders accountable.
If you are unsure about who is at fault in your accident, one of our accident attorneys in Junction will determine who is liable.Why Carabin Shaw is the Right Choice for You
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle in Junction, Texas, we are the law firm you want on your side. Our Junction commercial vehicle accident lawyers know how stressful the aftermath of an accident can be. Our lawyers want to make sure your top priority is your wellbeing while we take care of your case. We will fight until you are given fair compensation.
Call us at 210-222-2288 for a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, and to ask any questions you may have about 18 wheeler and other commercial vehicle accidents in Junction.