Beeville Hurricane Harvey Flooding
Hurricane Harvey, the worst hurricane of its kind to affect the United States in twelve years, has left Texas residents devastated. More than 300,000 people were affected by power outages, extensive property damage or destruction, and injuries or loss of life. Initial estimates place the cost of Hurricane Harvey at over $150 billion. Residents of Texas’ Coastal Bend were most affected, including those in Beeville.
Hurricanes rank fifth as a leading cause of property damage. Their high winds place uneven air pressure on structures. This, along with heavy rains, can leave property and business owners devastated. Close to 50,000 homes and structures were damaged by Hurricane Harvey, with more than 1000 of them completely destroyed. This has left many families displaced and wondering what their next move should be. There are several steps you can take that will make dealing with Beeville Hurricane Harvey flooding less stressful.
- First, be sure to initiate the claims process with your insurance company immediately. Many companies have representatives working around the clock to begin your claim. Take advantage of this time if you haven’t already done so and be prepared for a lengthy and complicated process.
- Next, you’ll want to document your damages with photos and video. But be sure not to return to your property until you are certain that it’s completely safe to do so.
- Be sure you’re keeping track of any expenses you incur, including lodging and meals. These and other related expenses may be covered by your insurance policy.
- Don’t discard any damaged property until you have a chance to communicate with your insurance company. At the very least, be sure to capture photos of these items for documentation purposes.
- You may want to consider keeping a diary of timelines and expenses. This can be valuable as you pursue your storm claim.
- Many of the larger insurance companies in Beeville have established SMS services. If your company offers this program, be sure to sign up as it can be a great way to remain up to date on the status of your claim.
These are just a few things you can do, but if you’re the victim of the Beeville Hurricane Harvey flooding, there are other issues you should be aware of as you move forward to rebuild after the storm. An attorney can be of tremendous assistance to you.
For many people in Beeville, their home is their single greatest investment. This is the driving factor in purchasing homeowner’s insurance as a means of protecting that investment. An insurance policy is a contract between the homeowner and the insurance company outlining what is and is not covered, and in most, there are specific clauses in the insurance contract relevant to storm damage. This language can seem confusing to most people, but an experienced Beeville Hurricane insurance claims lawyer can help you understand the benefits to which you’re entitled.
Your insurance company is very likely facing thousands of claims following the Beeville Hurricane Harvey flooding. While they may come across as helpful and friendly, you can be sure that with the amount of claims they will pay out, they will be working in concert with their attorneys to make sure they don’t pay a dime more than they need to. This is when the help of your own skilled lawyer can be of greatest benefit to you.
If you’re one of the many filing Beeville Hurricane Claims, the attorneys of Carabin & Shaw in Beeville are ready to help you with even the most complicated issues related to your claim. Your first consultation with us is free of charge, and we work fully on a contingency basis from the total compensation we recover for you.
To schedule an appointment either in person or over the phone with one of our lawyers in Beeville, give us a call today at 361.358.6300 or toll free at 800-862-1260.