Big Springs Injury Attorneys For Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Not all accidents are the same. Compared to an accident between two passenger vehicles, an accident in Big Springs, Texas that involves a commercial vehicle is more devastating and complicated. Commercial vehicles weigh considerably more than passenger vehicles, which makes a crash with them far more severe. Additionally, different laws apply to commercial vehicles, which means a truck accident in Big Springs is more legally complex than other types of wrecks.
If you or a loved one was hit recently by a commercial vehicle, you need Big Springs injury attorneys for commercial vehicle accidents by your side. Carabin Shaw is a highly effective team of lawyers who have been working these types of accident cases across Texas for over 25 years, and our Big Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys know how to help you.What Is Considered a “Commercial Vehicle?”
Commercial vehicles are everywhere. When people hear the term “commercial vehicle,” the first thing that comes to mind is usually 18 wheelers, but these aren’t the only type of commercial vehicle you may encounter in Big Springs, Texas. A commercial vehicle is defined as any type of vehicle used for business rather than personal purposes, and these vehicles may transport goods or people. Commercial vehicles must also meet certain weight requirements. Below is a list of the common types of commercial vehicles you might see on the road:
- Big rig
- 18 wheeler
- Dump truck
- Concrete truck
- Box truck
- Delivery vehicle
Talk to an attorney about what type of commercial vehicle was involved in your accident.How Lawyers Will Handle Your Case
After a truck accident in Big Springs, you’ll need to build your case. A lawyer can help you gather the right evidence and take the proper steps to get you justice. Big Springs car accident attorneys will follow this process when working your case:
- Investigate your case - When you get into an accident, it’s important to get an attorney on your side as soon as possible. They will do a thorough investigation of your case to make sure you have all the evidence you need to prove your damages and the compensation you are rightfully owed.
- File a claim - Once they’ve gathered all the evidence, your Big Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys will file a claim for all the economic and non-economic damages you are owed, as well as state the negligence of the responsible party.
- Negotiate your settlement - Based on their investigation, your lawyer will know the value of your case’s worth. They’ll negotiate with the trucking company’s insurers to get a fair settlement. If an agreement can’t be reached, your case will go to court.
- Litigate, if necessary - Most cases settle out of court, but if yours doesn’t, your attorneys will fight for you in court. After both sides present their evidence, a verdict will be given by the judge or jury stating who is responsible for the wreck and what damages they owe.
Commercial vehicle accidents often lead to injuries ranging from mild to severe, and in some circumstances, death. The following are common injuries victims experience in commercial vehicle accidents:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Back injuries
Commercial vehicle accidents can change your life forever. When you’ve been the victim of another’s negligence on the road, you need justice for you and your family. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve won over $1 billion for our clients, and we never represent big trucking companies; we only fight for the victims they hurt.
We know that money can never replace the impact a commercial vehicle accident has had on your life, but our Big Springs car accident attorneys know it can help ease the burden. Call us today at 432-620-0544 to speak with our Big Springs injury attorneys for commercial vehicle accidents.