Boerne Truck Accident FAQs
Large trucks flood our Texas highways day in and day out, carrying essential goods necessary to keep our economy thriving. Although 18-wheelers are essential in delivering goods needed across the nation, they pose a huge threat to other drivers on the road in Boerne.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a Boerne 18-wheeler accident, it is imperative you contact a Boerne 18-wheeler accident attorney as soon as possible for legal guidance. Not only can experienced attorneys assist you with any truck accident frequently asked questions you may have, but they can also prove necessary when it comes to holding trucking companies liable and ensuring you receive the full compensation you deserve.Boerne Truck Accident FAQs I’ve Been in a Truck Accident. What Should I do Next?
Knowing exactly what to do right after you experience an accident with a large 18-wheeler in Boerne can be intimidating and stressful, but knowing what steps to take can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case.
- After being involved in an accident, you should always seek immediate medical attention. Even if you believe your injuries or minor, you should see a doctor to ensure you don’t have any hidden injuries that aren’t immediately apparent.
- After seeking medical attention, you should call the police to the scene so that they can create a police report for the accident at hand.
- After calling the police, be sure you document everything possible regarding the scene of your Boerne accident. This information will be extremely helpful to your attorney as it will provide solid evidence of any vehicle damage or injuries that may have been sustained.
- If there are witnesses, be sure to gather their contact information. These witnesses will be of huge help to your attorney and your case when it comes time to placing fault in the accident.
- Whenever a commercial truck is involved, be sure to contact an experienced attorney. An attorney is your best bet in receiving the full compensation you deserve for all of the pain and suffering you have had to experience.
This is one of the most frequently asked questions in truck accidents, and an important one. In most cases, the parties sued in 18-wheeler accidents include the driver of the truck, the trucking company, a truck or parts manufacturer, or some combination of the three. Who you are able to sue will be based on the circumstances and direct cause of your Boerne accident.
Because finding every possible liable party is crucial for complete compensation, the best person to determine who to sue in your accident will be your attorney. Your attorney will know the relevant factors of your case and be able to provide expert advice on who should be held responsible for your specific accident.What are Some of the Most Common Causes on 18-Wheeler Accidents?
There are several factors that contribute to the cause of a dangerous 18-wheeler accident. Some of the most common includes:
- Driver fatigue
- Phone calls and text messaging
- Malfunctions to due improper maintenance
- Failure to maintenance a truck
- Lack of proper training
- Overweight loads
- Hazardous spills
- Drug or alcohol use
- Road traffic congestion
If you are injured in an accident, especially an accident involving an 18-wheeler, you should absolutely seek the help of an experienced attorney. Injuries that happen as a result of 18-wheeler accidents can be extremely severe, resulting copious treatments and steep medical bills. Hiring an attorney will ensure that you receive the full compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have experienced.
Additionally, the research and investigation that goes into an auto accident claim is time consuming and stressful. Since trucking accidents can involve pursuing compensation from a number of different liable parties, your attorney will have the resources and time to handle a complex investigation. With the time spent investigating and managing a claim taken off of your hands, your attorney gives you plenty of time to focus on yourself and make a full recovery.Call Carabin & Shaw Today
If you or someone you know have been involved in a Boerne 18-wheeler accident, don’t waste any time in contacting the team of attorneys at Carabin & Shaw. Our experienced team has a record of success in making sure our clients across Texas receive the justice and compensation they deserve, and we will put that record to work for you.
Your chance to gain full compensation for your serious injury or accident is just a phone call away. Contact the law offices of Carabin & Shaw today for a free consultation at 800-862-1260.