Burn Accidents and Fire Injuries at a Workplace in Denton
Recently, the workers of Denton Texas have received many burn injuries, including thermal burns, chemical burns, and more. Every worker who is injured due to the fault of their employer or coworker should receive compensation. If you or a family member were injured at work, you should contact a burn injury attorney in Denton. They can discuss your case and help you understand your legal options.
After a workplace burn injury, victims are often left with many questions. They wonder who is eligible to file a burn injury claim and what types of burn accidents may qualify. To help answer these questions, we have provided the information you need about burn accidents and fire injuries at a workplace in Denton.Who May Qualify for a Workplace Burn Injury Claim?
Workers are often unsure of the regulations surrounding Workers’ Compensation and workplace personal injury claims. This is understandable because every state has different laws. To explain, you may have grounds to contact a Denton work injury lawyer and file a workplace injury claim in these conditions:
- You were injured at work due to the direct negligence of your employer, and afterwards, they did not offer you Workers’ Compensation for your injury.
- You were injured at work due to the direct negligence of a third party other than your employer, and you have Workers’ Compensation still available for use.
- You were injured due to the fault of dysfunctional equipment.
- You received a serious, catastrophic burn injury that requires substantial medical care.
Conversely, in cases in which you have been injured at work due to the negligence of your employer but they have given you Workers’ Compensation, you would not qualify for filing a workplace burn injury claim with a personal injury attorney.
These regulations apply to nearly all professions, including:
- Computer Science
Whatever your profession might be, if you meet one of the listed criteria above, you should seek the representation of a burn injury attorney in Denton.Types of Workplace Burn Accidents
The workplace often presents many different types of burn injury risks. When workers think about the words “burn injury,” they think of thermal burns; however, there are many sources of burn injuries in the workplace. Some of the common workplace burn injuries that have been represented by personal injury lawyers are:
- Chemical Burns If you are working with any type of caustic chemicals, such as alkalis and bases, there is potential for a chemical burn. Such burns can occur from skin exposure and from inhalation or digestion.
- Electrical Burns Electrical burns can happen when a worker is dealing with live sources of electricity. Some professions deal with high voltages of electricity more than others, but nearly all professions utilize electricity in their building and in business equipment.
- Friction Burns When a Denton Texas worker uses heavy equipment, they can run the risk of having their body being stuck in a pinch-point, which can then result in the skin being terribly irritated or even torn off.
These are only a few of the types of workplace burn accidents. The best way to discuss your specific accident and what legal options may be available to you is to contact a Denton work injury lawyer today.Trust the Top Texas Attorneys at Carabin Shaw | Free Case Review
If you have been injured in a workplace burn injury, there is only one law firm that can offer you the industry’s best service: Carabin Shaw. The top Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw are well-trained and have years of experience in representing the victims of workplace burn accidents. We leave no stone unturned, no option unexplored.
When you contact us today you will receive a completely free initial consultation. Call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out the contact form.