Burn Injury Compensation and Lawsuits in McKinney Texas
It’s estimated that 1.1 million burn injuries in America require medical attention every single year. Approximately 50,000 of these injuries are severe enough to require hospitalization. And because serious burns can necessitate skin grafts and other expensive treatments, the cost of medical care after severe burns can be extremely high. If you’ve been hurt by a serious burn in McKinney, Texas and have expensive medical bills to cover, the McKinney burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw may be able to help.
Read on to learn about burn injury compensation and lawsuits in McKinney Texas and find out how our personal injury lawyers in McKinney can help you recover damages after an injury.What Damages Can Burn Victims Recover?
If you were seriously burned in a fire, chemical spill, or electrical accident and the incident was partially or fully caused by another person’s negligence, there are many types of damages you may be able to recover. These include:
- Medical expenses incurred by the injury, such as surgeries, medications, hospital stays, and more
- Lost income due to missed work
- Loss of earning capacity, if your burn injury rendered you unable to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damages (if you lost possessions in a fire)
- And more
Not sure if negligence caused your burn injury? The good news is, our attorneys offer all accident victims a free initial consultation to discuss your unique case—so you have nothing to lose by talking to a lawyer and learning more about your potential claim.Examples of Negligence Leading to Burn Injuries
You may be wondering what negligence looks like in the case of burn victims. Some situations where victims have grounds for a negligence claim after a burn include:
- A person is hurt in a fire that occurred on another person’s property because of a hazardous condition on that property, such as dangerous electrical wiring
- A person is hurt by smoke inhalation in an apartment fire because their landlord did not install smoke detectors in the bedroom of their unit
- A person was burned while using a defective or malfunctioning appliance
- A person is hurt by a thermal burn caused by hot metals during a car crash that was caused by a reckless driver
- A person suffered chemical burns because a product they used did not have adequate warning labels about potential hazards
These are just a few of the many different scenarios that may constitute negligence under the law. If you know or suspect that your burn was caused by negligence, the next step is to speak with a lawyer and discuss your legal rights.Need an Attorney? Call the Texas Accident Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
Our team is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—and your initial consultation and case review with a lawyer is absolutely free. Our Texas accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and we’ve been handling burn accident claims for more than two decades. And because our firm is dedicated to fighting for the legal rights of accident victims, our personal injury lawyers in McKinney will do everything in our power to fight for you at every step of the legal process.
Call our office serving McKinney today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form to schedule your free consultation and case review with a lawyer.
Let one of our experienced McKinney burn injury attorneys help you figure out what your accident claim is worth, and discover how we can help you maximize your compensation. Don’t wait—call us today and learn what we can do for your burn accident claim.