Can I Sue the Other Driver After a Car Accident in Dallas?
Here in Dallas Texas, we value hospitality. We are still very much committed to looking out for our neighbors. That’s what separates us from the rest. However, when that contract is broken by someone else’s negligent or reckless driving, they should be held accountable for their actions. If you or one of your loved ones has been in an automobile accident and is suffering from a Dallas car accident injury, please contact a car accident lawyer in Dallas Tx to help you decide if you may be eligible to receive compensation.
If you are looking for the best car accident lawyer in Dallas, look no further. The Law Offices of Carabin Shaw can provide you with all the answers you need. Our lawyers have been representing auto accident victims for decades. Our reputation and success rate are nationally known and respected. We can help you through every step of the process. If you are unsure about the first essential question of can I sue the other driver after a car accident in Dallas, we have included some information to get you started.Who can Be Held Liable for My Accident?
The answer to can I sue the other driver after a car accident in Dallas depends on whether it can be proven that the other driver caused the accident through negligence or direct error. The best way to determine if someone is liable for your Dallas car accident injury is to hire a qualified lawyer.
Some of the driver actions that can be potentially qualifying for liability include:
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Distracted driving
- Changing lanes without using a turn signal
- Changing lanes without checking the blind spot
These are only a few examples of actions for which a driver could be held liable. There are many other actions that could warrant filing a claim. Contact a car accident lawyer in Dallas Tx to fully discuss the circumstances of your case and to establish liability.For What Can Damages can You Sue?
There are several different types of damages for which you can sue. The different types include:
- Medical Costs
- When an injury occurs in a Dallas Texas auto accident, the consequent medical bills can often stack up quickly. Because you did not cause the accident, you should not be burdened with this financial hardship.
- Pain and Suffering
- In addition to being compensated for the direct medical costs, the victim of an auto accident can also be compensated for the pain and suffering they were forced to endure because of the accident.
- These types of serious injuries force a person to experience the kind of horrific pain that no one should have to. An injury attorney can help you articulate your pain and suffering and help you recover damages.
- Emotional Distress
- The pain and suffering of an auto accident can often have serious, long-lasting effects on the victim’s mental health. Enduring an auto accident injury can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder, heightened rates of depression, and heightened rates of anxiety. An accident is a traumatic event, and it has a serious impact on the mental health of the victim.
These are only a few of the potential damages that can be recovered for your injury. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Texas to review your full options.Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer Today
There is only one best car accident lawyer in Dallas: the Carabin Shaw Law Firm. No other law firm has the immense experience and resources of our attorneys. We are committed to protecting our clients’ interests and recovering the damages they need.
We offer a completely free initial consultation to answer any other questions. You can contact us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260. We look forward to hearing from you soon.