Car Accident Injuries | Car Wreck Lawyer San Antonio
Each year, six million car crashes occur in the U.S., permanently injuring an estimated two million drivers. And Texas leads the nation in annual traffic deaths, despite lawmakers’ attempts to mitigate the problem through road safety legislation. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in San Antonio, you may be wondering what to do now. Luckily, the experts at Carabin Shaw serving San Antonio are here to give you an overview of your options. Read on to learn how to receive compensation for your car accident injuries, find out how to choose the right San Antonio auto accident lawyer, and more.What to Do After a Car Accident in San Antonio
After any car accident, there are several steps you should try to take to increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for damages later. These include:
- Take photos of the accident—if possible, before the vehicles are moved.
- Report the accident to the authorities immediately.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Photograph any visible car accident injuries (such as bruises, lacerations, etc.).
- File an insurance claim—both with your own insurer and with the other driver’s insurer.
- Consult with a car wreck lawyer San Antonio before accepting any settlement offers.
That last step is crucial, and is often overlooked. Many accident victims don’t realize until too late that they may be owed far more than what an insurance company initially offers them.
But most good attorneys offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by consulting a personal injury lawyer to discuss whether or not you have grounds for a successful personal injury claim. A good attorney can give you an accurate estimate of the value of your car accident claim, and help you decide whether or not it’s in your best interest to accept an offer. But it’s important to choose the right attorney.How to Choose the Right Car Accident Attorney
When you’re ready to consult with a lawyer, it’s important to consult with a lawyer who will be able to give you the best legal advice. That means choosing someone who is qualified to handle cases like yours and who has extensive experience in personal injury law. After a wreck, you need a lawyer who:
- Specializes in personal injury law.
- Practices in the city where your wreck occurred.
- Is professional, courteous, and responsive to inquiries.
- Is highly reviewed by former clients.
- Offers free consultations.
- Offers a no win, no fee structure.
- Has a stellar professional reputation.
Here at Carabin Shaw, we meet and surpass the above criteria—and we want to help you after your wreck. Our firm has been successfully helping car accident victims recover damages for more than two decades. Our attorneys have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and our firm was named one of the Top 10 best Texas personal injury firms in 2018, based on client satisfaction. We’re passionate about helping accident victims, and our team is available around the clock to take your call.
Our lawyers offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation, which means that you have nothing to lose by giving us a call and learning how our San Antonio auto accident lawyers can help. Call our San Antonio office today at 210-222-2288 to receive your free consultation with a car wreck lawyer San Antonio, and to find out how the attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you receive the justice and compensation you deserve for your car accident injuries.