Car Accidents and Other Personal Injuries: Where to Start
Suffering a personal injury in San Antonio is an overwhelming experience, whether it’s a car wreck, a slip and fall case, an accident at work, or something else. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve dealt with thousands of these cases, and we’ve learned what people need to persevere through this challenging time: an expert legal team on which they can count.
When you searched for the “best personal injury lawyer near me,” you found us. We are the San Antonio accident attorneys that will take care of you.After a Personal Injury
After car accidents and other personal injuries, our experience has taught us that following these steps is critical to winning your deserved compensation:
- Gather evidence at the crime scene: If you can remain at the scene, make sure to gather evidence. Take note of facts surrounding the accident, such as the weather, road conditions, date and time, and anything else you think is necessary. If you have a camera phone, take pictures. If you were in a car accident, photograph the damage to both your car and any other vehicles involved, any nearby road signs, and a wide photo that captures the entire accident scene. Don’t wait to document your observations because memory can fade quickly. This type of evidence will help a San Antonio auto accident attorney win your case
- Get treatment: Your well-being is the most important. If you believe you have an injury, you should seek medical attention immediately. If it is an emergency, call an ambulance by dialing 9-1-1. The sooner you are treated, the higher the likelihood that you will have a full recovery. A proper evaluation by a doctor will document all accident-related injuries in your medical record, which will be a vital part of your injury claim. Be sure to provide copies of your medical records to your attorney, including items like doctor’s notes, x-rays, admission records, medical bills, CAT scans, etc.
- Talk to the police: Contact the San Antonio police regarding any personal injury or property damage. They will make an official report that documents the other party’s violations of the law. This report will be another piece to your claim, and you should share a copy with your personal injury attorney in San Antonio.
- Contact your insurance company: After speaking with the police, contact your insurance company to claim any damages you incurred. Only mention facts, and avoid opinionated statements that could be used against you, like how the accident happened, for example. Insurance companies are always looking to undervalue your claim to pay you as little as possible. Before signing anything, it is in your best interest to speak with a lawyer. A car accident attorney in San Antonio can advise you on how to deal with an insurance company.
- Speak with a lawyer: A lawyer knows how to navigate the law. An experienced San Antonio personal injury attorney can guide you and answer any questions you have about your case, ensuring you get the best compensation for your troubles.
Car accidents and other personal injuries are never fair. It is a tragedy that innocent people have to suffer because of the negligence of others. We truly believe this at Carabin Shaw, which is why we work to aggressively right wrongs for our clients and tilt the scales of justice back in your favor. We offer a free consultation to hear your case and discuss how we can work with you to make things right and get you your rightful compensation.
Let an attorney at our firm guide you to a better, fairer future. Call us in San Antonio at 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 800-862-1260.