Carrizo Springs Truck Accident Lawyer | Laws & Limitations
Located in the Southwest of the state, Carrizo Springs, Texas is not immune to increased traffic from major interstates and the oil drilling boom. More traffic generally brings more commercial trucking to an area, as well as the dangers that entails.
Every year, Carrizo residents are seriously injured in 18-wheeler accidents. These accidents are often significantly more dangerous than any other kind of auto accident; victims of 18-wheeler accidents suffer injuries such as broken bones, concussions, brain trauma, spinal fractures, disfigurement, or fatality. In no instance will a passenger of a family vehicle survive a commercial trucking accident without serious damages. Know that you may be eligible to seek a financial settlement with the help of a qualified accident lawyer if you have sustained serious injuries in an 18-wheeler collision.
If you are interested in seeking compensation for injuries sustained in a commercial trucking accident, Carrizo Springs 18-wheeler accident attorneys will help you to prepare your accident claim.I Was Injured in a Trucking Accident in Carrizo Springs; What Do I Need to Know?
- A collision with an 18-wheeler is a traumatizing event, but, to the best of your ability, take careful notice of the circumstances surrounding the crash. Where did the crash occur? Did you notice that the driver was driving recklessly? Were there environmental factors like rain or sleet on the road? Most of these details will be included in the police report, and it is important to attain a copy of this report for your records.
- 18-wheeler accidents are by far the deadliest form of automotive accident. You should immediately check yourself and others for any serious injury in the aftermath of the collision. If any party is injured, call 911 immediately to receive emergency medical attention.
- Be sure to carefully document injuries sustained in the accident, both immediately AND over the weeks and months to follow. Occasionally, serious injuries to the spine or brain can take time to manifest; the true cost of the accident might not be immediately clear.
- Did you know that some commercial truck accidents are caused by the commercial truck driver’s negligence or wrongful action? In these cases, you may be eligible to sue for wrongful death/serious injury. An accomplished accident attorney will help to determine if your case is eligible.
- Do not make a statement to any insurance company without speaking with a Carrizo Springs truck accident lawyer.
- Most accident claims end in a negotiated settlement; some claims, however, must be litigated in court. In both of these instances, it is never a good idea to represent yourself—contact an experienced accident lawyer to make sure you receive a fair settlement.
- Remember that big insurance companies do not always have your best interests in mind (yes, even your insurance company!). For that reason, when in doubt, it is best to seek a qualified attorney to represent your accident claim.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a trucking accident in Carrizo Springs, contact the Carrizo Springs injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw. Call toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 or 956-333-3333 to speak with a Carrizo Springs truck accident lawyer. Our initial consultations are always no-cost and no-obligation. We are now offering video conferencing options in order to reduce person-to-person contact and combat the spread of COVID-19.
Victims of 18-wheeler accidents in Carrizo Springs, Texas deserve quality representation and fair compensation for their injuries. Our team of Carrizo Spring injury attorneys fights for just settlement for victims, not to enrich big insurance companies.