Carrizo Springs 18 Wheeler Accident
If you live in Carrizo Springs, Texas, you share the roads with many 18 wheelers. Although these trucks are essential for our growing economy, they pose risks for other drivers. Unlike an auto accident, 18 wheeler accidents can result in fatal injuries and many damages. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Carrizo Springs, you should know that the lawyers at Carabin Shaw are ready to represent you.Semi Truck Accident Causes
18 wheeler accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. If you are seeking justice after an accident, understanding what caused the accident is crucial. Some of the most common causes our Carrizo Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys have seen include the following:
- Improper maintenance. If a trucking company doesn’t maintain their 18 wheelers, accidents are likely to happen. Brake and tire problems will easily cause an accident. Our lawyers will hold the trucking company accountable.
- Speeding in poor weather. Some drivers may be under a tight deadline to reach their destination, which results in speeding. Speeding in rain or snow can especially be hazardous.
- Driving under the influence. Unfortunately, some drivers may be under the influence out of boredom or to stay awake on a long drive. This can result in a catastrophic accident.
- Following too closely. It takes longer for 18 wheelers to properly brake. This is why trucks are putting other drivers in danger when they follow too closely.
- Fatigue. During a long drive, sometimes a truck driver may become fatigued on the road. In the worst cases, a driver may fall asleep at the wheel, putting other drivers at risk.
Are you suffering from an 18 wheeler accident in Carrizo Springs, Texas? Talk to us today to discuss the cause of your accident and what your next steps should be.Who is Responsible for My 18 Wheeler Accident?
Unlike a two-car accident, a truck accident in Carrizo Springs often has multiple parties at fault.
- When the trucking company is at fault. When a trucking company pressures their drivers to drive for longer than permissible by federal law, the company can be held responsible for their actions. They can also be held responsible when they overload their trailers.
- When the driver is at fault. If a driver was distracted, under the influence, or following too closely, our attorneys will hold the driver liable. If a driver is self-employed, they can be responsible for driving in poor conditions or overloading their truck.
- Mechanical failures. If an accident was caused by a brake failure or any other mechanical failure, the driver, trucking company, and part manufacturer may all be at fault.
The aftermath of a 18 wheeler accident can be difficult to navigate alone. Our Carrizo Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys will walk you through the process and handle all communication with the liable parties.What Damages Can I Receive?
Trucking companies work hard to ensure they avoid liability after an accident. Their insurance carriers will often offer a quick settlement to the victim after the accident. These settlements are often large, but far less than what should be given. Our Carrizo Springs accident attorneys are experienced in negotiating with insurance companies. We will make sure you receive your fair amount of compensation. Settlements and court order awards are based on the severity of your injuries and your economic and non-economic losses. Here are a few damages that you might be able to recover:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Non-economic damages
Are you suffering from an 18 wheeler accident in Carrizo Springs, Texas? We have a team of dedicated attorneys who have served 18 wheeler accident victims across Texas for decades. Call us at 956-333-3333 or 1-800-862-1260 to talk with one of our Carrizo Springs accident attorneys. We offer a free initial consultation.