Carrollton Burn Injury Attorneys Serving Victims and Their Families
Burns are among the most devastating and expensive injuries suffered by families in Carrollton Texas every year. The American Burn Association estimates that the average cost of treating a severe burn injury is $780,000, a sum most families are simply unable to pay. Additionally, victims’ injuries may result in a loss of wage-earning abilities, a disaster if the injured is the primary earner in their household. Many families are left in a precarious position after a severe burn accident.
If this describes you or a loved one, a personal injury lawyer serving Carrollton can help you get the compensation you deserve and get back on your feet after a severe burn injury. After receiving immediate medical attention, you should contact a qualified attorney to begin the process of filing your burn injury lawsuit.Carrollton Burn Victims Deserve Fair Compensation
It is important for victims to be aware of their rights following a catastrophic burn injury. A Carrollton burn injury attorney will work closely with you to determine the legality of your claim.
Texas law allows burn victims to claim the following damages in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses for burn injury treatment
- Future complications as a result of your injury
- Loss of wages (present and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Any miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses related to your burn injuries
- If you were injured intentionally or due to the defendant’s gross negligence, you may be able to claim punitive damages as well
In order to establish negligence in your burn injury claim, the following conditions must be determined:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty
- This breach directly caused your burn injuries
- The defendant can be held financially liable according to Texas law
Establishing negligence determines who can be held financially accountable for your injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to establish liability and negotiate a fair settlement.
The law provides many options for victims who have been injured due to the malice or gross negligence of others. However, state law also dictates a statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, so burn victims in Carrollton Texas should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer serving Carrollton as soon as possible. Your Carrollton burn injury attorney will file your burn injury lawsuit and help you to determine what damages you are eligible to claim.The Texas Burn Injury Attorneys at Carabin Shaw can Help
If you are searching for the right burn injury attorney for you, look no further than the Carrollton burn injury attorneys serving victims and their families at Carabin Shaw. We know that you have many options of personal injury attorneys serving Carrollton, so we aim to provide the best quality representation in North Texas.
We believe we are the best choice for burn victims and their families because:
- Our lawyers are experts in personal injury law
- Our firm has nearly three decades of experience representing burn victims like you
- We offer the option of bilingual attorneys so all Texas families can seek the justice they deserve
- We offer no-cost, no-obligation case reviews for new clients
- Clients can take advantage of our contingent-fee contracts, meaning you won’t pay unless we win your settlement
- We are dedicated to protecting the best interests of North Texas burn victims, not big insurance companies
- We put the client first from the consultation to the courtroom
We would love to answer your questions and concerns regarding your burn injury claim. Give us a call at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free initial consultation with the Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw.