Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents in Del Rio, Texas
Citizens of Del Rio, Texas who have been injured in an 18-wheeler accident are likely to have suffered immense physical and financial burdens. 18-wheeler accidents are traumatic events; the sheer size and force of commercial trucks means that in a collision, you aren’t likely to get away without serious physical injury—tragically, sometimes even fatality. There is no way for civilian drivers to prevent 18-wheeler accidents; however, it can be helpful to understand some of the more common causes of 18-wheeler accidents in Del Rio, Texas.
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Del Rio, contact the Del Rio semi truck accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw as soon as possible. You may be eligible to seek financial compensation for any damages sustained in the collision.What Are the Most Common Causes of Commercial Trucking Accidents in Del Rio?
- Negligence on the part of the 18-wheeler driver. Truck drivers’ negligence (such as drowsy or impaired driving and failure to adhere to traffic laws) is the most common cause of 18-wheeler accidents. While most 18-wheeler drivers are safe and conscientious, it only takes one negligent driver to change your family’s life forever. If your accident lawyer can determine that your accident was caused by the 18-wheeler driver’s negligence, you may be eligible for a wrongful death or injury suit. In most cases, the driver’s employer is legally liable for the damages.
- Negligence on the part of the 18-wheeler trucking company. Negligence of this sort can include violating national safety standards, failing to adequately train drivers, requiring drivers to drive for extended lengths of time, or improperly maintaining their 18-wheelers.
- Negligence on the part of other drivers. 18-wheeler collisions are not always the fault of the driver—other drivers can also act irresponsibly on the road. Irresponsibly driving can include dangerous lane changing, cutting an 18-wheeler off, or failing to keep an appropriate road distance.
- Weather conditions such as rain or sleet. These conditions can reduce driver visibility and create slick roads, making it more difficult for vehicles to stop and avoid collisions.
- Maintenance malfunctions. If an 18-wheeler is not maintained properly, that vehicle is likely to malfunction on the roads. An unsafe vehicle can create problems even when the 18-wheeler driver is operating the vehicle properly. An unsafe 18-wheeler might have faulty brakes, transmission, or cargo storage. All of these factors could lead to the driver losing control of the vehicle and ultimately harming innocent drivers.
If your accident was caused by the negligence of an 18-wheeler driver or their employer, you will need the help of Del Rio accident attorneys to establish this negligence in a legal context. An accident lawyer will represent your best interests, not the interests of big trucking’s insurance companies.Del Rio Semi Truck Accident Attorneys at Carabin Shaw Law Firm
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident in Del Rio, contact the Del Rio accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw to help you receive fair compensation. Call our main office toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 or our San Antonio office at 210-222-2288 for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation with an experienced accident attorney. We now offer video conferencing options in order to reduce person-to-person spread of the novel coronavirus.
An accident attorney at Carabin Shaw represents victims of 18-wheeler accidents in Del Rio, Texas with passion and diligence. If you choose to work with our team, you can expect top-notch customer service and the best representation in Texas. You can feel confident in our years of experience in representing commercial trucking victims just like you. Call us today to begin filing your accident claim.