Causes of Oilfield Worker Accidents in Pecos, Texas
Texas oilfield workers take extreme risks and work long hours. Working in these dangerous conditions can unfortunately lead to horrific accidents and even fatalities. From 2012 to 2017, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration reported 489 oil and gas workers were killed on the job. If you or a loved one has been injured due to an oilfield accident in Pecos, Texas, the lawyers at Carabin Shaw are here to fight for your justice. We have a team of Pecos injury lawyers ready to take on the negligent party that caused your accident.What Causes Oilfield Worker Accidents?
There are many differing reasons why Pecos oilfield accidents occur. Here are a few common causes of oilfield worker accidents in Pecos, Texas:
- Explosions. Pressure systems are put into place to avoid explosions, but sometimes they fail. Those in close proximity to oilfield explosions can suffer from injuries such as broken bones and head trauma.
- Fires. Oilfield fires often happen due to pressurized gas erupting and coming into contact with sparks. These fires are difficult to put out and can result in serious burn injuries.
- Equipment failure. Due to the dangerous conditions in the oilfield, it is extremely important that companies properly maintain their equipment. If they do not, it can cause a variety of worker accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents can occur in any workplace, but oilfield workers are especially susceptible due to the slick surfaces that oil creates.
- Insufficient training. If an oil field worker is not properly trained, they can cause great harm to themselves and the workers around them. Oilfield workers need to know how to properly handle machinery and safety protocols. Oil companies need to be held accountable for properly training their workers.
If any of these causes resulted in your accident, please contact our Pecos work accident attorneys at your earliest convenience. We will walk you through any questions or concerns you may have.
Any one of the above causes can result in potentially devastating injuries. These injuries might include:
- Hearing and/or vision loss
- Chemical burns
- Brain and spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
In the case of wrongful death, we will make sure your family gets the justice you deserve and fight for fair compensation.Why Hire One of Our Pecos injury lawyers?
Many times, oilfield accidents in Pecos, Texas are a result of negligence. It is important to talk to our attorneys because often insurance companies will try to offer you as little as possible. Oil and gas companies are notorious for denying liability after an accident. We will investigate employer negligence and defective equipment.
You may have a workers’ compensation claim which can include medical and income benefits. If an accident was caused by a third party, you may be able to file for a personal injury claim.
If negligence played a part in your accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Emotional and physical distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded by the court if you can prove the negligent party acted maliciously. Our Pecos work accident attorneys will ensure you get maximum compensation from the negligent parties.Get Help from the Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
Our attorneys are experienced in Pecos oilfield accidents and will get you the justice you deserve. We understand how traumatic the aftermath of an oilfield accident can be for you and your loved ones. We want you to focus on healing while we find the person or persons responsible for your injuries. If you have questions about the causes of oilfield worker accidents in Pecos, Texas, contact us for a free initial consultation at 800-862-1260 or reach us at our Midland office at 432-620-0544.