Checklist for Your Potential Personal Injury Lawsuit | Texas Trials
Filing a lawsuit if you’ve been injured in San Antonio is quite often the best way to make sure that you are compensated for that injury, but typically these lawsuits require certain information in order to have the best shot at being won. After an accident, knowing your next steps can be difficult, and this article will help you create a checklist for your potential personal injury lawsuit.
Below, we will outline the information that you and your lawyer will need to create a strong case and give you your best chance of receiving compensation. Your first step should always be speaking to a qualified and experienced attorney. You can start by searching, “personal injury claim lawyers near me.” Talking to personal injury lawyers in San Antonio could greatly improve your chances of receiving compensation. If you’ve been injured and need someone on your side, contact us at Carabin Shaw. We are an experienced team of San Antonio accident attorneys that have been serving the San Antonio community for over 25 years.Checklist of Evidence You Can Collect for Your Personal Injury Case
- Photographs of the accident scene - One of the first things you’ll need to collect and present to your attorney are photos of the accident scene. Take detailed pictures that document the state of the scene, any potential accident causes, and damages to yourself or your property. These photographs will prove crucial in building your case.
- Eyewitness accounts - Collecting statements from anyone who witnessed the accident will help strengthen your case. Talking to people at the scene gives your lawyer a reliable account of what happened from a third party perspective.
- Police reports - Police reports are available publicly and are strong evidence in your personal injury lawsuit. The information in a police report can help confirm basic facts about the accident from a reliable, objective third party. They can confirm details such as who was involved in the accident, where it occurred, who was at fault, and the injuries sustained. These police reports can aid your San Antonio accident attorneys in building a solid case.
- Medical bills - Presenting your medical bills as evidence is a staple in personal injury lawsuits. Personal injury lawyers in San Antonio rely on this information when building a case. Your medical bills prove that you have incurred expenses from your accident and illustrate the level to which your injuries have placed a financial burden on you. Most personal injury cases revolve around compensation for medical expenses, so you can see why presenting accurate bills is essential.
- Medical records - Similar to the logic behind presenting your medical bills, you will need to present your medical records to prove the severity and source of your injuries. Medical records are the best piece of evidence to prove the extent and nature of your injuries and can be one of the most important points in your checklist for your potential personal injury lawsuit. Showing your medical records can also prove that your injuries did not stem from a pre-existing condition and were a direct result of the accident.
- Past Paychecks - One point of contention in personal injury lawsuits is lost wages. Lost wages occur when someone is unable to work due to the injury sustained in the accident. Your past paychecks can prove your income rate to calculate potential lost earnings due to your accident.
This checklist should help you understand what you can do after your accident, and if you’ve been asking your friends “how do I find great personal injury claim lawyers near me,” you are on the right track. Finding someone who is reputable and experienced is essential if you want to have your best shot at receiving compensation. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve recovered over $500 million for our clients and we will fight for you. Call our San Antonio office today at 210-222-2288 for no cost, risk-free initial consultation.