Commercial Truck Accident Injuries | Del Rio Injury Attorneys
Every year there are about 500,000 accidents involving commercial trucks. About 23% of those accidents result in injury. It is no surprise that injuries are so common in accidents involving commercial trucks because commercial trucks are often 20 to 30 times heavier than standard passenger vehicles. If you’ve been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle in Del Rio, Texas, you’ll need someone on your side.
Del Rio injury attorneys are experts in understanding the complex legal process surrounding 18 wheeler cases. If you’ve been injured and need the help of Del Rio 18 wheeler accident attorneys, call us today. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been fighting for our clients for over 25 years and we want to fight for you.Types of Commercial Truck Accident Injuries
Injuries can not only be painful and inconvenient, but the medical bills and missed time from work can be costly. Having a lawyer on your side to fight for you after you’ve suffered in an accident can help you get the compensation you deserve. Here are some injuries common after a truck accident:
- Head and brain injuries. Brain injuries sustained in a commercial truck accident can be life-changing. Certain brain injuries can change a person forever by creating a permanent loss of motor function or cognitive function. Brain injuries do not always show themselves immediately, so even if you do not believe you were injured in your accident you should always see a doctor. Del Rio accident attorneys can also use your medical records as evidence in your trial to prove any potential injuries you sustained.
- Back and neck injuries. Back and neck injuries can also be severe and life-changing. The injuries can cause anything from minor back or neck pain to paralysis. Even in cases of less severe injuries, your back and neck are essential to your daily life, and having an injury to either area could prevent you from going about your day-to-day life or from going to work. Del Rio injury attorneys can fight for compensation for medical bills and missed time from work.
- Internal injuries. Although airbags and seatbelts greatly reduce fatalities and injuries in accidents, they can sometimes cause internal injuries to your abdominal area. Internal injuries may also not be apparent directly after an accident, so it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible before you call Del Rio accident attorneys.
- Broken bones, cuts, bruises, and lacerations. These types of injuries may be less severe than the others listed above, but can still be painful and sometimes permanent. Cuts in accidents involving commercial vehicles can happen because of broken glass or exposed sharp metal in the vehicle. Contact Del Rio 18 wheeler accident attorneys if you’ve been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle that caused injuries.
- Wrongful death. Unfortunately about 1% of commercial truck accidents result in death. If someone you love has died in a commercial truck accident, you should contact a lawyer and file a wrongful death lawsuit. An attorney can help you get compensated in the event of a wrongful death which will help cover medical bills, funeral expenses, and any other costs associated.
After an accident, you need someone on your side. 18 wheeler accident cases are complex and can have large settlements. Having an experienced attorney is essential. If you need someone with a proven track record of winning cases, call us at Carabin Shaw. We’ve recovered over $1 billion for our clients and we want to help you. If you’ve been injured in an accident in Del Rio, Texas call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.