Commercial Truck Accidents in Fort Stockton | Texas Injury Attorney
Commercial trucks are present on highways all across the USA. They are necessary for transportation and commerce, but they can also be deadly. Commercial truck accidents in Fort Stockton are often much more severe than accidents between standard automobiles largely due to the weight and size of commercial trucks. 18 wheelers deliver goods and pass through Fort Stockton every day, and each 18 wheeler has the potential to cause a deadly accident if operated incorrectly.
There are over 500,000 accidents involving commercial trucks each year in the USA, so understanding the causes and knowing what to do if you are involved in an accident is essential. If you or a loved one are injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle, contacting Fort Stockton truck accident lawyers is a good first step.
In accidents with commercial vehicles, the cases can become complex quickly and there is generally more money at stake than in an accident between two passenger cars. Accidents between two standard vehicles usually will only involve the drivers and their insurance companies. In 18 wheeler accidents, the truck driver, trucking company, hiring company, the insurance company, truck manufacturer, and truck loading company can all be named as defendants in the case, and often multiple insurance companies will be present on the side of the defense.
With all of the complexity, it is crucial that you have a lawyer that will fight for you and make sure you are treated fairly. If you need someone on your side, call us at Carabin Shaw for a free, no-obligation consultation. We have been fighting for our clients for over 25 years and we are dedicated and experienced 18 wheeler accident attorneys.Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
- Inadequate Training - Trucking companies are responsible for hiring competent drivers and training them properly according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Guidelines. Sometimes, corners are cut and drivers are left with improper training that can lead to fatal mistakes on the roads of Fort Stockton.
- Driver Fatigue - Truckers are only allowed to drive a certain amount of hours each day and are required by law to have certain periods of rest which allow them to drive attentively when on the road. Often, truckers are pushed over this limit in order to make deliveries in time which can cause fatigue-related accidents. If you believe driver fatigue caused your accident, contact Fort Stockton Truck accident lawyers.
- Vehicle Malfunction - Sometimes trucks will mechanically fail which can lead to accidents. In these cases, your lawyer will determine the root cause of that failure. Is it the responsibility of the truck manufacturer, or did it result from improper maintenance on the truck by the trucking company?
- Distracted Driving - In 2020, it’s a reality that drivers are distracted by their cell phones on a daily basis. Although FMCSA regulations prohibit truck drivers from using their phones while driving, some negligently break those rules and do it anyway which can lead to accidents. Contact an attorney if you believe distracted driving caused your accident.
- Jackknifing - Jackknifing occurs when a truck slams on its breaks and the trailer swings around to the side of the cab.
- Under-Ride - A type of accident where a car goes under the rear end of an 18 wheeler. This is usually caused by a truck braking unexpectedly.
- Lost Load - An accident that is caused when a truck’s load is unsecured and falls or spills onto a roadway.
Commercial truck accidents in Fort Stockton can be devastating. If you’ve been injured, you need the help of experienced and reputable 18 wheeler accident attorneys. The team at Carabin Shaw has recovered over $1 billion for our clients. To speak to an attorney, call us today for a free consultation at 1-800-862-1260.