Fort Stockton 18 Wheeler Accident
Sometimes we take for granted how dangerous 18 wheelers actually are. Their size in comparison to everyday passenger vehicles means an accident with a big rig in Fort Stockton, Texas can have tragic consequences. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler, you should speak with an attorney. Carabin Shaw is a firm devoted to helping victims and their families overcome the obstacles that come along with a devastating 18 wheeler crash. An experienced 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Fort Stockton, Texas can alleviate your troubles and help you understand how to win your trucking accident case in court.Reason for Most Trucking Accidents
Of all states, Texas ranks in the top 5 for highest number of trucking accidents. A majority of these crashes occur because of driver negligence. When a truck driver is not paying attention or driving under the influence, it can cause disaster. A Fort Stockton trucking accident attorney can tell you the following are the most common types of driver negligence exhibited by truck drivers:
- Poor tire upkeep - If tires aren’t checked regularly, they could endanger other passengers on the road. A failure to properly check tires on a routine pre-trip check could mean a blowout on the highway.
- Distracted driving - Texting and driving is the most common and dangerous form of distracted driving, and it can have deadly consequences. If you were hit by a distracted driver, talk to a lawyer about your options.
- Imbalanced loading - If a truck driver gets behind the wheel with an improperly balanced load, it increases the likelihood of a rollover accident. A load that is top heavy or off-center can shift in transport, which can lead to a major accident.
- Improper lane changing - One of the most dangerous moments for any car on the road is when a truck driver changes lanes because of the amount of blindspots they have. A negligent truck driver will change lanes quickly without caution, which can cause a serious wreck. If you were hit by a truck changing lanes recklessly, an 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Fort Stockton, Texas can help you get justice.
Negligent truck drivers in Fort Stockton, Texas need to be held accountable. If you were in an accident with a negligent driver, speak with a Fort Stockton trucking accident attorney about how to protect you and your family.Who is Liable
In the case of a negligent truck driver, the driver himself can be held liable. However, trucking cases differ from car accidents in that other parties may actually be legally responsible for the accident. This kind of complexity means your trucking case is best handled by a lawyer. In addition to the truck driver, the following parties could be responsible for the accident and owe you damages:
- Trucking company
- Truck owner
- Company that leases the truck or trailer
- The shipper who required the load be transported
- Parts manufacturer
- The mechanic responsible for maintenance
All of these parties will try to deny responsibility and attempt to pay you much less than you deserve. Never settle. Speak with a Fort Stockton injury attorney to learn more about how to get the proper compensation.How We Can Help
When it comes to 18 wheeler accidents, it’s important to be represented by an 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Fort Stockton, Texas. You deserve to be compensated for your damages, but the sad truth is, trucking companies will fight to give you less than you are owed. You need an attorney that cares about you on your side. Our team at Carabin Shaw wants to make trucking companies pay for the harm they cause because we’re dedicated to getting justice for victims. Speak with a Fort Stockton trucking and commercial vehicle accident lawyer at our firm today. Call us at 915-779-2301.