Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Texas | What You Need to Know
With the rising demand for transported goods, commercial trucks have been on the road now more than ever. Some commercial vehicles transport goods such as gasoline or food, while others transport passengers. One example of commercial vehicles are Amazon delivery trucks, which are a common sight in Harlingen, Texas. Regardless of the type, though, a collision with a commercial vehicle can result in devastating injuries, even fatalities. If you have been involved in a commercial vehicle collision in Harlingen, our legal team at Carabin Shaw want to help you.How does a Commercial Vehicle Accident Differ from Other Car Accidents?
When a vehicle is described as “commercial”, it means that it is registered under a company or corporation. If you get into an accident with one of these commercial vehicles, it is important to know that these companies have teams of commercial vehicle accident lawyers in Harlingen that will fight hard to protect the corporation’s expenses.
Some examples of commercial vehicles are:
- Delivery trucks
- City and school busses
- UPS trucks
- 18 wheelers
- Amazon delivery trucks
- Moving trucks
- Construction company vehicles
If the driver was negligent, they can also be held accountable. Talk to one of our Harlingen accident attorneys about the details of your accident.Who is Liable in My Commercial Vehicle Accident?
The first question you are probably wondering about after a commercial vehicle accident is: Who is liable in commercial vehicle accidents in Texas?
Figuring out who is liable in a commercial vehicle accident can be difficult. If you got into an accident with an Amazon truck, then Amazon may be responsible for your injuries. Companies are generally responsible for the actions of their drivers. A driver’s employer may be held liable for:
- Negligent supervision
- Failure to maintain vehicle upkeep
- Failure to properly train drivers
- Negligent hiring
No matter what, a commercial vehicle collision in Harlingen can result in devastating injuries. Suffering from an accident injury can leave you emotionally distressed along with lost wages and medical bills. Our law firm wants you to prioritize your health while we fight the corporations that are accountable for your injuries. You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and our commercial vehicle accident lawyers in Harlingen want to help you. Our lawyers are prepared to take on any company involved in a commercial vehicle accident.What Should I Do After a Commercial Vehicle Collision?
Here are a few steps to remember in the occurrence of a commercial vehicle accident.
- Seek medical help. It is important to go to a doctor at your earliest convenience and keep track of your medical records.
- Report the accident. Even if the accident was minor, a police report is a necessity.
- Document the scene. Take photos and videos of the accident scene. Some corporations will go as far to send someone to clean up the accident before proper evidence can be documented. If you need help documenting the scene, we will send an investigator to come help you.
- Do not admit fault or apologize. Claim adjusters will use anything they can against you.
- Seek legal help. When you are involved in a commercial vehicle accident, having an attorney is a necessity. These companies will go to great lengths to avoid liability and compensating you.
The actions you take after an accident can determine the outcome of your personal injury claim. Each case has its own set of details that will also impact your claim. The statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date of the accident, so it is crucial to get in touch with one of our attorneys as soon as you can.Injured in a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Harlingen, Texas? Call Carabin Shaw Today
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a commercial vehicle accident, you will need an experienced lawyer on your side. We value individuals, not corporations. Have questions about commercial vehicle accidents in Texas? Call us today to talk to a Harlingen accident attorney at 800-862-1260. We offer a free initial consultation. Se habla Español.