Commercial Vehicle Collisions & Liability | Texas Attorneys
When people hear about a commercial vehicle crash in Harlingen, the first thing that comes to mind is usually an 18 wheeler. However, big rigs are only one kind of the many commercial vehicles people encounter on the road in Harlingen, Texas every day. A wreck with any type of commercial vehicle can greatly impact your life, and it’s important to be informed about commercial vehicle collisions and liability.
At Carabin Shaw, we know how to help people after a commercial vehicle accident. Our 25+ years of experience fighting for crash victims means our commercial vehicle accident lawyers in Harlingen have the expertise to beat any commercial vehicle company and their insurers, ensuring you get the justice you deserve.Types of Commercial Vehicles
Any vehicle with the primary purpose of transporting goods or persons for hire is considered a commercial vehicle. The vehicle’s primary use is important for determining who is liable and the kind of insurance the vehicle will have.
Commercial vehicles are categorized into 8 different classes based on their weight, which a lawyer can explain in further detail. They are also further categorized by their configurations, with some examples listed below:
- Dump trucks
- Box trucks
To learn more about the different types of commercial vehicles, speak with a Harlingen accident attorney.Different Kinds of Collisions
There are different types of crashes you can experience with commercial vehicles in Harlingen, Texas. It’s important to talk with your attorney about how your crash occurred and how that affects your case. Some common examples of collisions are listed here:
- Cargo spills - Cargo-related accidents usually occur due to overloading or improperly loaded cargo. When cargo spills, it puts other drivers on the road at risk. If your commercial vehicle crash in Harlingen was caused by spilled cargo, talk to local attorneys.
- Rollovers - These happen when a driver loses control of his truck, which is usually caused by speeding or improperly loaded cargo. A rollover not only puts other drivers on the road in danger, but the truck driver as well.
- Head-on collisions - One of the most severe kinds of accidents are head-on collisions, and the results are often tragic. If your wreck with a commercial vehicle was a head-on collision, commercial vehicle accident lawyers in Harlingen will know what to do.
- Rear-ends - These are one of the more common types of commercial vehicle collisions, and they can result in whiplash, or worse, for many victims. A Harlingen accident attorney can help if you were rear-ended.
A number of different parties can be held liable in a commercial vehicle accident, depending on the circumstances of your case:
- Truck driver - In many instances, the truck driver will be held at fault if they were driving recklessly.
- Trucking company - When the truck driver is on the clock, the trucking company can be found liable if the trucker was “acting within the scope of employment.” To know if this applies to your case, consult a lawyer.
- Parts manufacturer - If a part malfunctions, the manufacturer can be held accountable.
- Mechanic - The most recent mechanic who worked on the vehicle may be held liable in some circumstances if they did not properly service the vehicle and this negligence is found to be the cause of the accident.
Let an attorney review your case to determine who should be held accountable.Getting The Help You Need
Regardless of the type of commercial vehicle that hit you, you deserve compensation. Someone needs to pay for the damages you suffered, and our team at Carabin Shaw vows to work harder than any other law firm in fighting for you. We believe in doing the best for our clients, which is why we’ve been named a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction. When it comes to commercial vehicle collisions and liability, we get results. Call us today at (956) 664-7255 for a free consultation.