Common Car Accident Injuries and Possible Compensation: El Paso Attorneys
After a car accident in El Paso, you may be injured – perhaps severely. Sometimes these injuries are readily apparent, while others may take weeks or months to surface. If you or a loved one has been in a car accident recently, you should talk to an auto accident attorney in El Paso. You deserve compensation for your injuries and suffering.
At Carabin Shaw, our experienced attorneys will fight for you day in and day out while working on your case, making sure you and your family are taken care of after this tragic event. If you’ve been in a car wreck, we think understanding common car accident injuries and possible compensation is critical. This knowledge will help you get the most out of your car accident claim for injury.Most Common Car Accident Injuries
Car wrecks usually lead to injuries of some sort, ranging from minor to severe:
- Whiplash and Back Injuries - A car accident causes your body to move suddenly, straining muscles and soft tissue in your neck and back. This can be very painful, and the healing process can be long.
- Head and Brain Trauma - In a wreck, you may hit your head causing a concussion or worse, a traumatic brain injury. This could lead to lifelong complications, especially if left untreated.
- Broken Bones - The impact of a car wreck can cause bones to break. Broken ribs are very common, as well as broken arms, legs, and even hips. If you’ve broken a bone in an auto accident, speak to a personal injury lawyer in El Paso.
- Cuts and Scrapes - Cuts and scrapes are common after an accident. Sometimes these are minor, but other times they could lead to a dangerous loss of blood or scarring.
- Internal Bleeding - Injuries to the outside of your body are obvious, but car accidents can also cause injuries you don’t immediately notice like internal bleeding.
After a car wreck, our car injury attorneys recommend seeing a doctor immediately to ensure your well-being and document your injuries. If you have questions, you should consult a lawyer.Possible Compensation After a Car Accident
Car wrecks in El Paso do not only cause damage to vehicles, they cause damage to your life. From our experience as El Paso car accident lawyers, we know the following are the most common types of car accident compensation:
- Property Damage - This is most commonly repairs to your vehicle. It can also be for items that were in your car at the time of the wreck.
- Medical Expenses - If you are injured in an auto accident, you shouldn’t have to pay for doctor’s visit, surgery, or medicine. With the right lawyer, you can be awarded money to pay for your medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering - This is compensation for mental and physical distress that has caused you to lose your quality of life. This also includes emotional damages, such as depression or anxiety.
- Lost Wages - Car accident injuries can force people to leave work for extended periods of time or even lose their job. You should be compensated for all wages lost due to a car accident. An attorney can help you recover your lost wages.
- Out-of-pocket Expenses - A car accident can leave you without a car, so renting a car or having to Uber to work are out-of-pocket expenses that can be compensated.
If you’ve been injured in a car wreck, it may be wise to file an El Paso car accident lawsuit. Even minor injuries could become more severe with time, so it’s best to discuss your options with an attorney. We’ve worked hundreds of personal injury cases at Carabin Shaw, so we know how to get you your rightful compensation. Give us a call, and let one of our car wreck lawyers in El Paso help you and your family. Call us at 915-779-2301.