Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents | Texas Injury Lawyers
When driving on the road in Fort Stockton, 18 wheelers are a constant hazard that every driver needs to be aware of. The size of a big truck in comparison to passenger vehicles can cause severe damage and injuries, with 18 wheelers causing injury and death in over 80,000 accidents every year. If you or a loved one has been injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you need Fort Stockton trucking accident lawyers on your side.
Our team at Carabin Shaw is a seasoned staff of highly effective attorneys that aggressively fights for every client we represent, and we offer free consultations with no obligation. Our Texas truck injury lawyers know how to make trucking companies pay for their negligence. We always give our all to get you all that you deserve.The Legalities of Trucking Accidents
Trucking accidents in Fort Stockton are more complicated than an accident between two passenger vehicles because different parties can be held liable depending on the unique circumstances of your case. The most common responsible parties are the following:
- The trucking company
- The truck driver
- The truck or parts manufacturer
Knowing who to pursue to get the damages you are rightfully owed takes the skill of an experienced attorney. Consult a lawyer to learn more.The Most Common Causes of Truck Crashes
Although there are many circumstances that can lead to trucking accidents, there are some common causes of 18 wheeler truck accidents that account for the majority of cases:
- Distracted driving - One of the most common factors that leads to trucking accidents is distracted driving. In today’s world, texting and driving is the first thing that comes to mind, but distracted driving also includes watching videos, eating, tuning the radio, or adjusting other truck controls. Whatever the cause, distracted driving is a serious endangerment to everyone on the road. If you were hit by a distracted truck driver, Fort Stockton trucking accident lawyers can help.
- Driving under the influence - It is a sad truth that many truck drivers abuse drugs, alcohol, and over-the-counter medication to help them deal with their taxing lifestyle. When this substance abuse occurs behind the wheel, it can lead to tragedy. Those hit by intoxicated truck drivers deserve compensation. Talk to a lawyer to get what’s rightfully owed to you.
- Fatigued driving - Truckers are required to drive for extended periods of time across long stretches of highway to get their cargo where it needs to be on time. After doing this exhausting work day after day, truckers can end up getting tired behind the wheel. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has regulations in place to prevent driver fatigue, but they don’t always work. To learn more, speak with an attorney.
- Improper inspections - Trucks require routine inspections and maintenance to ensure they are safe to be on the road. Unfortunately, sometimes those in charge of safety inspections neglect safety in favor of getting more miles out of the truck to meet demands and maximize profit. When this negligence occurs, it can have serious consequences.
Nothing can change the tragic circumstances of an 18 wheeler accident, but knowing the common causes of 18 wheeler truck accidents can help you understand who should be held liable in your case and what the next steps are for pursuing compensation.
At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been helping clients make the most of their cases for over 25 years, devoting our utmost care to every case we work. Our pledge is to work and fight harder on your behalf than any other law firm would, and we hold ourselves to that high standard, every time. We can help you get what you deserve. We offer free consultations, no strings attached, so call us today to speak to one of our Texas truck injury lawyers at 1-800-862-1260.
Call toll-free: 1-800-862-1260