Common Injuries After a Trucking Accident | Big Springs Lawyers
Multiple big wheeler accidents happen every year along Interstate 20 near Big Springs, Texas. Accidents involving big trucks (defined by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration as weighing more than 10,000 pounds) and smaller passenger vehicles are likely to end in injury, even fatality. In addition, motorcyclists, more so than drivers of larger vehicles, are more likely to sustain serious damage in the event of a collision.
Truck accident attorneys serving Big Springs are available if you or a loved one have suffered a trucking accident. The team of Carabin Shaw lawyers is here to offer our years of expertise serving victims of big wheeler accidents in the Big Springs, Texas area to find you the best settlement possible. Keep reading to see the kinds of injuries our Big Springs 18 wheeler accident lawyers can help you find compensation for today.What Are Some Common Injuries After a Trucking Accident?
Although anything can happen in a truck accident, there are some common injuries we see time and again in these tragic situations:
- Back and Neck Injuries. Abrupt collision can cause “whiplash,” or damage to the tissues of the neck. Trauma sustained to the spine, back, and neck during a trucking accident can lead to chronic pain, paralysis, and other permanent health concerns.
- Broken Bones. Due to the size and power of big trucks, these collisions are more likely to result in broken bones. Broken collarbones, ribs, and radius are some of the most common breaks in these kinds of accidents.
- Cuts and Bruises. Cuts and bruises sustained in a big wheeler accident can be caused by broken glass, hitting objects at high speeds, and shattered metal car parts. These injuries can lead to disfigurement or permanent injury.
- Rib and Torso Injuries. The force from inflating airbags can seriously injure the ribs and torso, potentially rupturing the tissues surrounding internal organs.
- Internal Injuries. During a collision, the blunt force from the expelled air bag can lead to injury of the spleen, liver, pancreas, and other internal organs.
- Head and Brain Injuries. Head and brain injuries are common after big wheeler collisions due to the “whiplash” effect and potential collision from the steering wheel or airbags. These injuries can range from minor concussions to serious brain trauma with long-lasting effects.
- Psychological Damage. The seriousness of big wheeler collisions can lead to anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wrongful death. While this is the worst possible scenario, trucking accidents can and do end in wrongful death. If this has happened to a loved one, your family may be entitled to seek compensation with the help of your accident attorney.
All of these common injuries after a trucking accident can be harmful to an individual and their family, but there are Big Springs injury attorneys that are here to help. Remember that not all injuries are immediately obvious after a collision and the true damage can take weeks or months to become evident. Many times, the damage of a big truck collision must be assessed by a doctor or other medical professional. Regardless of the time elapsed, you are entitled to compensation for injuries sustained in your big wheeler accident. The first step is to contact an attorney.Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Big Springs Today
There are qualified lawyers in your area who can help you to find compensation for your big wheeler accident. If you or a loved one are injured in a big wheeler accident, contact the Big Springs 18 wheeler accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw. Our Big Springs injury attorneys will fight tirelessly for your right to fair compensation. Call toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 or 432-620-0544 for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers.