Comparative Fault in Rideshare Uber & Lyft Accidents in Austin
Victims of auto collisions in Austin deserve access to the tools and resources necessary to recover. This is just as true, if not more so, in rideshare accidents in Austin where the passenger has been seriously injured in the collision. Hiring a trusted attorney means working with an experienced professional who will ensure that you win your maximum compensation.
If you have been in an accident involving a rideshare car, the Austin Tx personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw are ready to aggressively pursue the justice you deserve.Defining Comparative Fault in Rideshare Accidents in Texas
Rideshare passengers who have been injured in an auto collision always have the right to hold the at-fault party responsible for the damages incurred. In Texas, fault and liability are determined through comparative fault or, according to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code chapter 33, subchapter A: proportionate responsibility. There are two major ways this relates to rideshare collisions:
- In Austin, any individual who is more than 50% responsible for causing a collision is held liable for the damages of the other parties involved. In Uber and Lyft accident claims this means that, if the rideshare driver holds the majority of fault for the accident, an experienced lawyer can help you to win compensation from them and, possibly, from the rideshare company.
- The amount of compensation that injury victims can win is modified by the percentage of fault held by the liable driver. For example, if the rideshare driver is 80% at fault, comparatively, then Austin Tx Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can win higher compensation than if the rideshare driver is 60% at fault.
Comparative fault is a complicated legal criterion, and establishing it requires the tools and experience won by a law firm that has decades of success in such cases. Our team at Carabin Shaw has supported auto collision victims for over thirty years.
Through a free initial consultation, we will answer any questions you may have about your case so that you know exactly which options are available to you, and what your best next steps towards winning compensation are.Texas Rideshare Accident Laws
Texas collision laws, as they apply to rideshare victims in Austin, are similar to other collision regulations.
1. According to Sec. 550.026. of the Texas Transportation Code, a driver involved in a collision that results in death or injury must immediately report the accident to the police department by the quickest means possible.
While the law specifies that a vehicle operator must report that accident, passenger victims may also report the accident to ensure that police arrive quickly to take reports of the accident.
After your accident has been recorded by officials, visit Carabin Shaw reviews to see how we can help you fight for the compensation you need after your collision.
2. Seeking compensation after a rideshare collision follows the same general process as any other collision. This means:
- Proving liability to determine the driver’s percentage of fault.
- Making a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy for your damages.
- Potentially filing a lawsuit if the insurance policy does not cover your damages.
3. Rideshare drivers are required to have specialized insurance in Texas. This means that determining where your compensation comes from may take time. However, because we offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, our support costs you nothing unless compensation has been won.Free Case Review for Austin Tx Victims of Uber/Lyft Rideshare Accidents
The laws and regulations surrounding rideshare collisions in Austin can be overwhelming. To best support you, our English and Spanish-speaking staff are available to you 24/7. At your earliest convenience, you can begin your path toward financial compensation by calling the toll-free number 1-800-862-1260 to schedule your FREE CASE REVIEW.Trust Our Austin, TX Attorneys for Insightful Guidance | Don't Wait—Call Now to Safeguard Your Rights and Pursue Fair Compensation
After suffering damages in a rideshare accident as a passenger, you deserve access to premium resources and expert guidance. Our case review allows you to acquire those tools and supports with no upfront cost. Contact us as soon as possible to discuss your legal options moving forward.
For more information:
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701