Compensation Available to Premises Liability Victims in El Paso
According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, an individual injured due to an unsafe condition on someone else's property may be entitled to compensation. In fact, Texas witnesses over a thousand premises liability claims every year. The damages in premises liability cases in El Paso can be quite substantial.
Victims who suffer injuries due to the negligence of a property owner have the right to file a claim no matter who is at fault. Premises liability claims in El Paso are not always straightforward, and there are many complicated legal issues that can arise. Victims should seek the advice of a specialized attorney.
No matter where or how you were injured, the El Paso personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you file a claim for compensation. Our mission is to help victims of negligence obtain the justice they deserve. Call us at 800-862-1260 toll-free to schedule a free consultation. A lawyer will discuss the specific facts about your case and evaluate the type of compensation you may receive for your injuries.Premises Liability Examples in El Paso
A premises liability accident can occur just about anywhere in the city and be substantially different from one another.Common Premises Liability Cases
- slipping on ice in a parking lot or on private property
- getting hurt in a parking structure or at an apartment building
- falling over extension cords or other potentially harmful situations
- falling at a friend's place or an Airbnb after tripping over uneven tile
- dog bites or attacks by other animals
- accidents in swimming pools, drownings, and near-drownings
- assaults on a property due to poor security or lighting
Any of these situations can result in serious injuries and require hospitalization. A slip and fall, the most common type of premises liability accident, can require surgery and physical therapy. The average medical cost of a slip and fall accident is between $30,000 and $40,000, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
A skilled premises liability attorney can negotiate or litigate a settlement with the property owner or their insurance company so that you can receive the compensation you need to cover all damages.Available Compensation in El Paso
These are some common areas to look for compensation for premises liability victims:
- Medical costs: People hurt in premises liability accidents may be eligible for reimbursement for costs associated with their injuries, such as prescription drugs, hospital stays, and doctor visits.
- Lost wages: If injuries from a premises liability accident keep a victim from working, they may be eligible for compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries resulting in bodily pain, emotional discomfort, or mental agony may qualify a victim of a premises liability accident for compensation.
- Property damage: People who are hurt in accidents involving premises responsibility may be able to get compensation for harm done to their own belongings, including a broken laptop or phone.
- Punitive damages: Designed to penalize the offender for especially heinous behavior, victims of premises liability incidents may occasionally be entitled to punitive damages.
Texas premises compensation awarded in a lawsuit will vary depending on the particulars of the case, such as the degree of the injuries and the total amount of damages. Our team of highly experienced lawyers is ready to fight for the maximum settlement to cover your expenses.Carabin Shaw Fights for Victims of Premises Liability Accidents
Our firm is committed to helping victims of premises liability accidents across the Lone Star State. Our successful track record of settlements and verdicts, along with Carabin Shaw's reviews, are a testament to the quality of our legal representation. Because our focus is on our client's needs, we offer our services on a contingency basis, so you don't have to pay unless we win your case.
Give us a call. Our staff is available 24/7 to answer your questions, and we have a team of bilingual representatives who can speak with you in English and Spanish.
For more information: