Compensation Beyond Medical Bills - What Austin Dog Bite Victims Can Recover
Austin, Texas, is a beautiful city filled with pet lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. While dogs are often cherished members of families, unfortunately, they can sometimes cause harm. If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury in Austin, you might be wondering about retaining an attorney and the compensation you can recover. Beyond medical bills, there are various aspects to consider when seeking what Austin dog bite victims can recover.Understanding Dog Bite Compensation
When pursuing a dog bite injury claim in Austin, it's crucial to comprehend the types of compensation you can seek. While medical bills are a significant part of your claim, you may be entitled to more. Here are the key elements of Austin dog bite compensation:
- Medical Expenses: This includes all current and future medical bills related to the dog bite injury. It covers hospital stays, surgeries, doctor's visits, medication, and therapy.
- Pain and Suffering Compensation: In Texas, dog bite victims can seek compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress damages caused by the attack. This is known as non-economic damages and can vary depending on the severity of the injuries and their impact on your life.
- Lost Wages: If the dog bite injury forces you to miss work, you can seek compensation for lost wages after a dog bite in Austin. This includes both current and future income you would have earned if not for the injury.
- Emotional Distress: Dog attacks can lead to long-lasting emotional trauma. Compensation for emotional distress covers the psychological impact of the incident, such as anxiety, fear, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Property Damage: If the dog bite incident resulted in damage to your personal property, such as torn clothing or broken glasses, you can seek compensation for these losses.
While it's clear that there's more to dog bite compensation than just medical bills, navigating these aspects can be complex. This is where having an experienced Austin personal injury lawyer can make a significant difference, in particular for non-economic damage compensation.
The specific criteria for awarding non-economic damages in dog bite cases can vary by jurisdiction and depend on the severity of the injury, the extent of the emotional and psychological impact, and other factors. Courts and insurance companies often consider the circumstances of the case, the nature of the injuries, and the victim's medical records and testimony when determining the amount of non-economic damages to be awarded.
Our team of dedicated Austin personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw has a proven track record of helping dog bite victims secure the compensation they deserve. We understand the intricacies of Texas dog bite laws and can help you build a strong case. Check out personal testimony of our success at Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.How We Can Help
When you choose Carabin Shaw, you benefit from our years of experience in handling dog bite injury claims in Texas. Here's how we can assist you:
- Thorough Investigation: We will investigate the circumstances of the dog bite thoroughly. This includes gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, and consulting with experts if necessary.
- Accurate Valuation: Determining the value of your claim is essential. We will work to ensure you receive fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Negotiation Skills: Our attorneys are skilled negotiators. We will engage with insurance companies and the responsible parties on your behalf to secure the best possible settlement.
- Litigation if Necessary: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, we are fully prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights.
We offer a free case review to discuss your situation and explain your legal rights. Plus, we offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you win.
Don't let a dog bite injury overwhelm you. Contact us toll free at 800-862-1260. Our team of English and Spanish speaking staff are available 24/7 to assist you.
For more information:
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701