Compensation for Austin Auto Accident Victims
The majority of personal injury cases stem from injuries sustained from a car accident, and car accidents take place in Austin on a daily basis. Although minor car accidents and fender-benders can be handled independently through insurance companies, larger accidents involving multiple parties, major losses, or severe injuries should be handled by an experienced attorney.
If you have been involved in an auto accident in Austin and have experienced severe injuries, property loss, or even fatalities, it’s imperative that you contact a team of auto accident lawyers who will advocate on your behalf against insurance companies who try to refuse compensation for Austin auto accident victims.Compensation and Determining Fault in Austin Auto Accidents
When deciding how compensation will be awarded in your Austin auto accident, the insurance company of the other party or parties involved will work tirelessly to make sure they find you at fault so as to pay you the least compensation possible.
Hiring an experienced Austin attorney with ample knowledge and a successful track record is important, as determining fault in auto accident cases plays a large role in the way compensation is awarded. An attorney will be able to guide you through what to say and not to say when it comes time to working with insurance companies.Types of Compensation for Austin Auto Accident Victims
There are various forms of compensation that an auto accident victim can be awarded, and not all of them are for necessarily immediate damages. An experienced attorney will take into account future expenses that may stem from your accident. Some of the most common forms of compensation a victim can expect to claim include:
- Lost wages: Compensation for lost wages is related to any time at work you are forced to miss due to the injuries caused by the auto accident. It can also refer to any wages you may have lost by taking on a position with lighter duties that pays less due to limitations placed upon you by those injuries.
- Medical bills: Medical bills are one of the most common form of compensatory damages in auto accident cases. Depending on the severity of your injuries, medical bills can become staggering especially if a victim requires ongoing medical treatment. An attorney will work to ensure you are compensated for present and future medical bills as you continue to receive treatment.
- Property damage: In auto accidents, property damage is almost always prevalent. Injured parties will usually receive a quote from insurance companies or mechanics stating the total amount of property damage sustained from their accident. This can also include towing and rental car expenses should your vehicle be too damaged to drive.
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium refers to your inability to continue to provide a partner or family members with the same level of care or companionship you were able to prior to your accident due to your injuries. In some cases, compensation is not only paid to the person injured in the accident, but also to the those who are affected by not receiving that care.
- Pain and suffering: Chronic or persistent pain is common in auto accident injuries. Some of the most common forms of injury that result in chronic pain and suffering can include soft tissue damage, broken bones, organ damage, and brain and spinal damage.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are designed to punish the at-fault party for acting carelessly or negligently. These damages are awarded on top of other compensatory damages in the hope that the at-fault party learns a lesson, ensuring an accident like this one does not happen again.
Compensation for Austin auto accident victims can come in various forms, and you need an experienced attorney to evaluate your case to determine which ones pertain to you.
At Carabin Shaw, our team of attorneys understands the great impact Austin auto accidents can have on your life and will work around the clock to win you the fullest compensation provided by the law. Our team has the resources and knowledge to make sure the insurance companies don’t trick you into settling for less than you deserve, and we will see that you receive justice for the pain and suffering you have had to experience.
If you have sustained injuries from an auto accident in Austin, contact our team of experienced attorneys today for a free consultation at 800-862-1260, or call our local office at 512-832-1101.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701