Compensation for Slip and Fall Victims in San Antonio
Have you been injured from a slip and fall in San Antonio? According to the Texas Department of Insurance, falls account for about 8.9 million emergency room visits every year. These injuries, ranging from sprained or broken limbs to head and neck injuries, can be painful and debilitating. They can also result in crippling expenses from medical bills, physical therapy, and lost wages due to missing work.
If you are a victim of a slip and fall, San Antonio personal injury lawyers will help you receive compensation for your expenses.Who Is Responsible for a Slip and Fall in San Antonio?
Premise liability laws in Texas state that property owners are responsible for keeping properties free of dangers to guests. While they are not responsible for every small spill or inconvenience, the law does institute a reasonable expectation of safety and care. Talk to an attorney to determine and build your case. Common slip and fall hazards include but are not limited to:
- Slippery floors
- Uneven flooring
- Unmarked steps
- Cluttered walkways
If you have been injured from a slip and fall, talk to slip and fall attorneys in San Antonio. You may be liable to receive compensation from the property owner if you can prove:
- Duty of Care: Were you lawfully on the property when the incident occurred? If you were invited or licensed to be on the property, then the owner owes you a duty of care.
- Breach of Duty of Care: If you were lawfully on the property, then you must prove that the owner breached duty of care. This means that the owner knew about the hazard on the property but did not repair or remove the condition, or at least warn people of the issue.
- Injuries: You must prove that you were injured. This may include proving that your injuries or condition did not exist before the incident, as well as providing proof of medical records or bills.
Compensation for slip and fall victims in San Antonio include but are not limited to:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost wages due to missing work
The steps you take immediately following an accident could affect the success of your case and the chance that you will receive compensation from the owner for your medical expenses.
The following steps will help you build a case:
- Seek medical care for any injuries: Seeking medical care for your injuries is one of the most important steps you can take. Not only will you receive the care and attention you need, but medical staff will provide you with records. Keep copies of records as well as any medical bills. This will help prove the extent of the damage you must be compensated for.
- Gather evidence: If you are able to after your slip and fall, gather evidence. Take notes or photos of the scene where the accident occurred.
- Acquire contact information of any eyewitnesses: Did anyone witness the accident? Ask for their contact information, including name, phone number, and email address.
- File a report: Report the accident to a manager or property owner.
- Talk to a lawyer to help you determine and build your case.
Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw offer a free case review / initial consultation. Call toll free: 800-862-1260.
Do not wait to seek compensation for your medical expenses. It is important to act as soon as possible. A dedicated member of the team is available to speak with you 24/7. Both English and Spanish-speaking staff are here to help. You can find Carabin Shaw’s client reviews here.