Contacting an El Paso Work Injury Lawyer After a Severe Burn Injury
Have you or a loved one suffered a severe burn at work in El Paso? Workplace burn injuries present unique problems for victims seeking compensation. Texas workman’s compensation law allows El Paso workers to seek workman’s compensation without filing a personal injury claim if they were injured during the course of their employment. However, some employers do not subscribe to worker’s compensation insurance. What should workers do in this case?
If your workplace burn injury does not qualify for a workman’s compensation claim, you have the option of filing a burn injury claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer serving El Paso. A qualified burn injury lawyer can help you to seek compensation for your workplace burn injuries even if your injuries were caused by a contractor, manager, or vendor at your place of work. However, before you receive any financial compensation, you will need to contact a burn injury attorney to begin the process of filing your claim.What to Know Before You Contact an El Paso Work Injury Attorney
If you have been unable to seek workman’s compensation and are interested in contacting an El Paso work injury lawyer after a severe burn injury, it may be helpful to consider the following:
- Make sure you have the relevant documents in order. In order to help you file a claim for the full extent of your damages, your lawyer will need to see documentation of any medical treatments or financial costs after your injury. It is a good idea to scan copies of your documents so you can easily share them.
- Look for personal injury lawyers with specialty areas in workplace accidents and burn injuries. The choice of attorney is the most important decision you will make throughout your personal injury claim process. It is important to find attorneys with prior experience successfully representing workplace burn injury victims like yourself.
- Know that you may not speak to a lawyer right away. Most likely, you will speak to a paralegal or legal assistant who will help you to schedule a consultation. After you have officially chosen your attorney, you will still communicate with the office’s paralegal or assistant regularly.
- The first firm you contact may not be able to take your case. Because workplace injury claims deserve time and respect, many attorneys won’t take on a case if they have a full caseload already. That’s okay! Keep searching until you have found an attorney with plenty of availability to devote their full attention to your claim.
- Don’t wait too long. According to Texas law, workers have within two years of the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim. In order to stand the best chance of seeing full compensation for your injuries, it is best to contact a qualified attorney as soon as possible.
- Above all, remember: workplace injury lawyers are here to help. The process of filing a workplace injury claim can seem overwhelming. However, with the help of a qualified attorney, you can feel confident that your best interests are protected.
Once you have contacted an attorney and decided they are the right fit for your workplace injury claim, congratulations: you are now much more likely to see a financial settlement that covers the full cost of your physical, financial, and emotional damages.West Texas Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one were injured by a burn at work in El Paso, you should contact a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The West Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you and your family seek compensation for your injuries.Free Case Review
If you would like to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation and case review with our personal injury lawyers serving El Paso, call our office toll-free today at 915-779-2301 or fill out our online form.