Dallas Car Accident Statistics | Texas Personal Injury Lawyers
In the last decade, Dallas has continued to develop rapidly, adding to an ever-expanding network of highly trafficked freeways. Unsurprisingly, the rate of Dallas Texas auto accidents has proportionately risen with the growth of one of Texas’ most populous cities. The cost of this development can be seen in the sobering 2019 car accident statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation.
In the data compiled, the state of Texas once again ranks among the states with the highest numbers of auto accidents. The second largest state and a national commerce hub, there are more cars on Texas roads than ever before. The statistics reflect the increasing dangers: the Texas Department of Transportation reported 3,610 car accident deaths in Texas in 2019 with an estimated $39,200,000,000 in economic damages.
For the thousands of families affected by these losses, there are qualified Dallas Texas personal injury lawyers available to help. If you and your family are among the many victims of car accidents in the Dallas area every year, you have options. A Dallas auto accident attorney can help you and your family compile a comprehensive accident claim and get you the financial settlement you need.How Does Dallas Compare?
The accident statistics for the state of Texas as a whole are astonishing—but how does the sprawling metropolitan of Dallas stack up? According to the latest statistics, Dallas ranks among the most dangerous of Texas cities for drivers. In 2019 alone, there were a total of 36,862 crashes in the city.
The Texas Department of Transportation reported the following Dallas car accident statistics:
- 173 fatal crashes
- 185 fatalities
- 908 suspected serious crashes
- 1,128 suspected serious crash injuries
- 3,697 non-incapacitating crashes
- 5,083 non-incapacitating crash injuries
Some of the general trends to be observed in these statistics include:
- The tollway ranked as the least dangerous location for crashes (only 25 fatalities for the year)
- US Highways ranked as the most dangerous location for crashes (a staggering 1,448 fatalities)
- While the number of fatalities was fairly evenly spread throughout the year, there were more accidents resulting in fatalities in December than any other month (333 fatalities total)
- Men were nearly three times as likely to be killed in an auto accident than women (1352 men compared to 505 women)
- 22-year-old men were the most likely to suffer fatalities (46 total)
- Perhaps surprisingly, more accidents occurred during clear and cloudy conditions (120,835 crashes) than in rainy conditions (14,710 crashes)
Dallas car accident statistics aren’t just numbers—every one of these accidents have affected real victims and their families. If you are one of these victims, know that you have options.
Depending on the severity of your accident, you may be suffering major financial losses or serious physical injuries. In the aftermath of a serious accident, hiring an attorney may be the last thing on your mind; however, you may be eligible to seek financial compensation for these damages with the help of a qualified injury lawyer.Dallas Texas Personal Injury Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one are seeking an attorney after a Dallas Texas auto accident, call toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 to reach the world-class Dallas auto accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw. Our firm offers one free case review and initial consultation with one of our many excellent auto accident attorneys.
We know you have your option of qualified accident lawyers, so we want you to be confident that we are the right firm for you. With our decades of experience and personalized customer service, we are confident that we are the best representatives for your Dallas auto accident claim.