Damages That Can Be Recovered After an Uber Accident | Dallas Attorney
Rideshare apps have changed the way people in Dallas get around. Uber and Lyft have made travelling across cities more convenient than before, but that convenience has come with a price for everyone on the road. A University of Chicago study has found that traffic deaths have increased by 2-3% in cities that have introduced Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare apps.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an Uber accident in Dallas, you are entitled to damages. A Dallas personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you’re rightfully owed after a Dallas rideshare accident.How Much is My Case Worth?
A rideshare accident in Dallas can cause damages that range from mild to severe. Usually, you can recover damages after an accident if you weren’t at fault, but how much your case is worth depends on the following factors:
- The extent of your injuries - Getting the damages you’re rightfully owed depends largely on your injuries and your ability to prove them. Insurers won’t just pay you based on your word about your injuries. You have to illustrate their severity and have evidence that directly connects them with your Uber accident. It’s important to get evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible after your accident. Then, it’s vital that you follow through with their recovery plan.
- Who is at fault - When you’re a passenger involved in an accident, you’re almost never at fault. Still, to earn compensation, you have to prove that the negligent party is responsible for the injuries and damages you’ve suffered.
If your Uber driver was wholly responsible, their insurers may accept full liability and offer you a fair settlement. If another car was at fault, however, they may try to argue that the Uber driver was partially at fault, which could hurt your potential to recover proper compensation. To learn more about how fault may play a role in your case, talk to an experienced attorney.
- The amount of money available for damages - The amount of money you can earn is largely dependent upon the amount of money available through liability insurance. When you’re involved in an Uber accident in Dallas, this process can be complicated.
If you’re a passenger, you may be covered under your own insured motorist coverage. When Uber drivers cause the crash, Uber insurance will pay up to $1 million or more, depending on the circumstances. If another driver hits your Uber and multiple parties are injured, Uber limits the cost of damages to $100,000 total, which means you may be fighting to earn the compensation you deserve. Because this process can be complex, it’s best to consult a lawyer after an accident in Dallas.
When you’re involved in a Dallas rideshare accident, you can earn compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are damages that have a tangible monetary value, such as medical bills and lost income. Non-economic damages refers to the intangible damages you’ve suffered like pain and suffering, which is hard to estimate. The following are the damages that can be recovered after an Uber accident:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of past and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funerary costs
To know what damages may apply to your case, you should let someone with legal experience review your case.How To Win What You’re Rightfully Owed
You should not be responsible for the damages you’ve suffered because of an Uber driver’s negligence. When you’re involved in a rideshare accident, you need justice. A Dallas personal injury attorney can evaluate your case and fight for you to get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Insurers don’t have your best interest in mind, but our law firm does. Call Carabin Shaw today for a free initial consultation at 1-800-862-1260.