Damages Victims Can Claim in Laredo Uber and Lyft Accident Lawsuits
You've had an exciting night out with your friends, enjoying the sights and sounds of a lovely Laredo afternoon. You are considering driving home, but hold off just to be safe and request services from a rideshare company instead. Have you considered what would happen if the driver got into an accident? Who will bear the expenses? What damages could you claim?
Very few people typically consider these scenarios unless they happen to be in a situation where they need to file a Laredo Tx Uber or Lyft accident claim. No one expects to be involved in an accident, but it's important to be prepared for such an event, no matter whose vehicle is involved.
Due to the complexity of rideshare company accident claims and the financial stakes involved, contacting a rideshare accident lawyer in Laredo is the best way to protect your rights. Having a knowledgeable attorney on your side can help you navigate the complicated insurance claims process and represent your best interests.Eligibility for a Rideshare Accident Lawsuit in Texas
- Passengers: If you suffer injuries or property damage in an accident while you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you may be able to file a Lyft or Uber accident lawsuit in Texas. Rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber are required to carry liability insurance to protect passengers in the event of an accident.
- Other drivers and passengers: Any victim of an Uber or Lyft accident who can prove carelessness or wrongdoing on the part of the rideshare driver may be qualified to launch a lawsuit against the company or the driver’s insurance, depending on the status of the driver at the time of the collision.
- Bicyclists and pedestrians: If you were a bicyclist or pedestrian engaged in a rideshare collision, you might be eligible to sue for damages if you can prove a rideshare driver’s actions were negligent and reckless.
It's vital to remember that, depending on the implicated ridesharing provider, the specific rules and regulations regulating rideshare accidents may change.Potential Damages Victims Can Claim in Laredo Uber and Lyft Accident Lawsuits
It is possible that ridesharing victims who sustain bodily injuries need expensive medical care and treatment. Some may even need to be admitted to the hospital, which, as we all know, is very expensive even for those with their own private health insurance.
Expenditures like medical bills that can be calculated are known as "general damages." These are compensatory damages that compensate accident victims for their losses. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (if you missed work because of your injuries) or future earning capacity (if the injury prevents you from working)
- Funeral expenses if someone died as a result of the accident
To further explore what general damages might be available in a rideshare collision, contact a legal professional. The top Texas lawyers at Carabin Shaw are experts in the fields of personal injury law and auto accidents.
Our attorneys not only fight for general damages but can also help you obtain compensation for the pain and suffering you endured as a result of the collision. Accidents hurt much more than just the physical body; they can also affect victims emotionally and even their families.Get Justice in Texas with a Carabin Shaw Lawyer
Whether you are requesting compensation for monetary losses, non-monetary damages, or maybe punitive penalties, contacting an expert is the way to go. They will assist you in managing the complexity of an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit.
Carabin Shaw provides honest, free consultations and has a team of legal professionals willing to work on a contingency fee basis. Visit Carabin Shaw’s client reviews and see why they are one of the most recommended law firms in Texas.
For reputable legal representation in Laredo, call us at 800-862-1260 toll-free. Our team is available 24/7 to assist you. Our team serves both English- and Spanish-speaking clients.