Laredo Nursing Home Negligence
If you are suspicious of a loved one being subject to Laredo nursing home negligence, it’s imperative to contact a Laredo nursing home neglect lawyer to assist you in fighting your case and making sure your loved one gets the correct care and justice they deserve. When you entrust a loved one to a nursing home, you expect them to receive the utmost care and attention and trust that they are in professional hands. Unfortunately, the number of people experiencing nursing home abuse and negligence is on the rise, and those subject to it are usually too vulnerable to defend themselves.
It is important to know what to do if you suspect nursing home neglect in Laredo. Below are some of the 10 signs of nursing home abuse and neglect for Laredo to pay attention to when a loved one is in nursing home.
- Unexplained injuries: If a loved one is developing unexplained cuts or bruises, it can often be a sign of nursing home neglect. Be sure to pay attention to the physical condition of your loved one. Make sure you detail to a nursing home neglect lawyer in Laredo your concerns, as well as certain instances in which you have been suspicious of abuse in the nursing home.
- Unusual changes in behavior: Another sign of nursing home abuse or neglect is a change in your loved ones mood. If they their mood continuously seems out of pattern, this could be a sign of abuse. Some other symptoms could include a fear of being touched, or a pattern of being in a foul or irritated mood.
- Malnutrition or weight loss: If your loved one is rapidly losing weight, this could be a sign of malnutrition in the nursing home. Nursing homes are required to provide daily meals to their residents, and sometimes this task is not fulfilled. Especially as people age, their nutrition should be maintained and top of mind. Not doing so can result in life threatening consequences.
- Frequent illness: Frequent illness in nursing home residents can be a result of improper care or treatment and a lack of reporting to the family of those who are residents. Often times, illnesses are failed to be reported and often times are also not treated. This causes increasingly bad illnesses down the road and is detrimental in the health of your loved one.
- Unsanitary living conditions: If you are suspicious about the cleanliness of your loved ones residence, address the issues of your concern when you seek out a nursing home neglect lawyer serving Laredo. Keeping a detailed list of these unsanitary conditions can increase your chance of the lawyer or attorney taking your case and increase your chance in gaining justice for your loved one.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers: If you begin to see these injuries appearing on your loved one, this could be a sign of Laredo nursing home neglect. Failure to change bed sheets or move patients as necessary can result in painful bedsores or pressure ulcers. Question your loved one on the frequency of their bed sheets being changed and other tasks that should happen often. Be sure to record their detailed responses so you can report to your attorney.
The above are just a few examples of signs your loved one may be subject to nursing home abuse or neglect. If you are suspicious of any of these things or see any other red flags, it is imperative to act rather than to wait. Taking action is your best shot at ensuring that your loved one is treated fairly and in the living conditions that they need. Contact a nursing home neglect lawyer in Laredo at Carabin Shaw if you become suspicious at 956.333.3333 or toll-free at 1.800.682.1260.