Daycare Child Abuse Information Every Houston Parent Should Know
Overall, child sexual abuse cases have become a public crisis at the national level, but what happens when the abuse occurs at a daycare facility? Like any other institution of power, they must also be held accountable. A skillful sexual abuse lawyer in Houston Texas can help bring these institutions to justice.
One of our Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw can begin discussions of liability with you and help you and your child begin the journey toward restoration by evaluating your case in an initial, no-fee consultation. Our attorneys are prepared to handle any case of child sexual abuse and get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.Factors that Make Children More Vulnerable to Sexual Abuse
Although no child is completely immune to child sexual abuse (CSA), there are a few common characteristics that make victims more vulnerable than other children, including the following:
- Children who are quiet and lonely frequently become targeted by abusers since they will more than likely keep the abuse a secret.
- Perpetrators also target children who are trusting of others. Perpetrators tend to establish relationships with them, so the child doesn’t recognize the abuse is wrong because it is being done by someone they trust.
- Studies also show that children who come from broken or neglected households are more susceptible to sexual abuse.
As a parent, it is important to be informed of the factors that make children easy targets for predators in order to learn how to protect them from the threat of sexual abuse.Daycare Child Abuse Information Every Houston Parent Should Know
In the past decade, approximately 450 children have become victims of child sexual abuse in daycares across Texas.
Parents should be aware that any sexual abuse suffered in the hands of a daycare employee or any other perpetrator can lead to the following life-long consequences:
- CSA can cause physical problems that include STDs, chronic gastrointestinal problems, irregular heartbeats, as well as other medical issues.
- Social-emotional issues stemming from the abuse can lead to alcohol and drug abuse, eating disorders, trouble maintaining interpersonal relationships, depression, PTSD, and other psychological complications.
For many survivors, it may take years of costly counseling before they find themselves in a stable emotional state. An expert attorney knows that a survivor of CSA will accrue medical bills for years to come, which can add up to thousands of dollars. One of our Houston child sexual abuse attorneys can file a civil lawsuit to help you seek financial compensation for these treatments.Organizations in Houston that Can Help
If you or your child is a survivor of CSA in the Houston area, there are services and resources offered by nonprofit organizations both at the local and national level to assist you through this painful time, some of which are listed below:
- The Children’s Assessment Center offers help with the treatment of child sexual abuse survivors.
- The Houston Area Women’s Center offers free counseling for both males and females between the ages of 5-18 who have been sexually abused.
- Childhelp is a national organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect.
If your child is a daycare sexual abuse survivor, you need a group of experienced daycare injury lawyers serving Houston Tx to help you bring all responsible parties to justice.
Whether the sexual abuse occurred in a private or public daycare, youth recreation program, church, or other child care institution, legal representation is of the essence to hold both the perpetrator and institution accountable for the abuse.
Our Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw are here to evaluate your case in a free, initial consultation. Contact us toll-free at 800-862-1260. A member of our staff is available to speak with you 24/7 in English or Spanish.