Del Rio 18 Wheeler Jackknife Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration establishes regulations governing commercial truck driver’s licensing, driver and ownership compliance, and the enforcement of laws such as safe commercial vehicle maintenance. When drivers overlook or compromise a vital aspect of their responsibility, such as failure to properly maintain their trucks on a timely schedule, accidents happen and people suffer. Carabin & Shaw attorneys in Del Rio and the surrounding area are here to fight back for you when laws are broken and you suffer.
The truck driver is responsible for the truck’s maintenance, and failure to complete timely repairs and maintenance could constitute negligence, making them liable for any accidents caused by improper maintenance, such when a truck jackknifes. Del Rio truck accident lawyers with Carabin & Shaw hold truck drivers responsible for accidents that cause pain and suffering to others. In addition, if the truck is a company-owned vehicle, the company may also be subject to liability for injuries as a result of negligence. If this is the case, a skilled attorney will go after both parties to seek full compensation for you as our client.
Del Rio 18-wheeler jackknife accidents occur for many different reasons, such as the inexperience of the trucker and the resulting inability to control their truck, weather conditions like rain or sleet, speed of the vehicle, and failure to properly maintain the vehicle. Regardless of the reason, Carabin & Shaw will fight for you; our attorneys in Del Rio are experts at establishing liability due to a truck driver’s negligence.Questions After Del Rio 18-Wheeler Accidents
Some of the questions you may ask after an accident can be easily answered; others are not so easy, and the answers will be dependent on each individual’s situation and the particulars of the event. We want to emphasize the importance of having a knowledgeable and perceptive attorney from Carabin & Shaw in Del Rio represent your case. You need a lawyer who will ask the right questions, and know how to get the answers to yours as well, questions such as:
- Are truckers required to carry the same kind of insurance that I am?
- If a trucker hit me, is the trucking company liable too?
- Do truckers have to follow the same laws and regulations as drivers of passenger cars?
- Is there a way to prove what caused the semi-truck to jackknife?
- How much compensation can I get after being hit by an 18-wheeler?
- Can I get compensation from both the truck driver and his company?
- Is anyone else liable besides the truck driver and the trucking company?
- How is compensation determined?
- No one saw the accident, how can I prove my innocence and the trucker’s fault?
- Will my insurance also pay me for pain and suffering?
- How do I get medical care if my health insurance won’t cover my care?
- I don’t have health insurance, can I still get medical care if the truck driver is at fault?
- My loved one was killed in an 18-wheeler accident, who do I sue?
A wide range of traumatic injuries are possible in the event of an 18-wheeler accident. The following is a list of just a few of the injuries victims of such a collision might suffer:
- Head trauma, including:
- Brain injury and impairment
- Skull injuries
- Bleeding in the brain
- Burns, scarring, and disfigurement
- Broken bones, resulting in lifelong limps
- Fractured pelvis, back, or extremities
- Ruptured spleen
- Soft tissue damage
- Crushed chest, fractured sternum, or broken ribs
- Punctured lungs, leading to lifelong breathing problems
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Cardiac arrest
These injuries are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the pain and suffering victims might have to face as a result of being hit by an 18-wheeler. The physical trauma coupled with the emotional trauma may require months, possibly years of medical and/or psychological treatment.
Don’t face this battle alone. You need a skilled and experienced lawyer, such as those employed by Carabin & Shaw in Del Rio to ensure you receive full compensation for all your pain and suffering. Call us now for a free consultation; remember, once your case is settled there is no going back to revisit an issue that may not have been addressed. Our attorneys will find every possibility for compensation the first time around, and they are available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week to help you.
If you have been in a Del Rio 18-Wheeler Jackknife Accident, contact us today. The law offices of Carabin & Shaw will fight to seek compensation for all you’ve been through. Call us toll-free at 800-862-1260 for a free consultation in English or Spanish today.