Del Rio Damages: What is My Personal Injury Lawsuit Worth?
When your loved one is in a nursing home, they should be receiving expert care and attention with their wellbeing remaining top of mind. Being cognizant of signs of nursing home negligence and abuse as well as learning the ways in which you can help prevent it are stepping stones to ensure your loved one in Del Rio do not become a victim.
Another way to keep abreast of nursing home standards is to research what the law says about nursing home standards in Del Rio, Texas. Being well-versed in nursing home standards in Texas can help you defend your loved one in Del Rio should you suspect they are subject to nursing home abuse.Del Rio: What Does the Law say About Nursing Home Standards in Texas?
If you are suspicious of nursing home abuse, it should always be your priority to contact an experienced attorney to assist you with your case. Not only is a seasoned attorney going to be able to save you the time and stress you would otherwise carry pursuing a case on your own, but they also have years of experience fighting for the rights of those who are most vulnerable and can make you aware of your best legal options in any scenario.
In addition to contacting a Del Rio nursing home abuse lawyer, you should also be sure you are aware of a few of the basic standards any nursing home resident is entitled to in Texas.
According to the Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) as published in the Texas Administrative Code, specific rules and regulations are laid out to protect Texas nursing home residents, including any loved ones you may have in a Del Rio nursing home. Some of these include:
- Nursing home employees must employ reasonable and sufficient staff in order to meet the needs of nursing home residents. Sufficient staff will be determined on the current resident’s needed level of care.
- Nursing homes must ensure that their residents are given adequate medications, treatment as determined by care outcomes.
- Any report of nursing home negligence or abuse must be reported to the appropriate government agency.
- Nursing homes must ensure that their facility is maintained in a way that is safe to all residents and the public.
- Nursing homes must ensure that there is a sufficient number of staff members available at all times in order to be sure all residents needs are met.
- Nursing homes must not knowingly allow any employees to perform their job duties under the influence of any alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance
- Nursing home residents must not violate any confidentiality rules by federal or state law that may affect a nursing home resident.
- Nursing homes must ensure that Texas nursing home residents remain free of any chemical and physical restraints, unless required by a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional to protect said resident’s safety.
The above statements regarding what does the law say about nursing home standards in Del Rio, Texas, are a few standards to pay close attention to as you begin to reach out to an experienced nursing home abuse attorney in Del Rio to assist you with your case.
Del Rio nursing home negligence is a serious issue that goes unreported far too many times, resulting in serious injury – and in some cases death – to innocent and vulnerable residents. Being aware of signs to look for, nursing home standards applicable in Del Rio and signs of abuse can help you save your loved one’s life before it is too late.
The team of attorneys at Carabin & Shaw are experienced in fighting for their clients and making sure they receive the most compensation and justice they possibly can. Contact us today for a free consultation at 800-862-1260.